HP Reduces Cost of Color Printing up to 50 Percent for Small Businesses
HP today announced new printing solutions that enable small businesses to affordably produce marketing collateral in-house, increase productivity and better manage their printing environments.
The new HP Officejet business inkjet line delivers up to 50 percent lower cost per page than competitive laser printers.(1) The expanded portfolio also includes new color HP LaserJet printers, supplies and accessories as well as new monochrome HP LaserJet multifunction printers.
“Our goal is to offer a complete and affordable small business marketing solution,” said Nor Rae Spohn, senior vice president, Imaging and Printing Group, HP. “Today’s launch builds on our Print 2.0 strategy, which will allow customers to print when and how they want – in-house, at retail or through a print service provider.”
Improving in-house marketing
HP’s new color printers and expanded line of specialty papers make it easy for small businesses to produce professional-quality color documents quickly and affordably in their offices.
In most cases, small businesses can save more than 50 percent by printing in-house versus using a quick printer.(2) Over the next year, HP plans to make color printing even more affordable with new color HP LaserJet printers that deliver monochrome printing for the same price as in-class monochrome laser printers.
Additionally, HP has developed the Marketing Impressions Portal, an online destination designed as a one-stop shop to help small businesses market and grow their business and interact with others through an online community, tools, guides and templates.
New color printing solutions optimized for small business marketing include:
* HP Officejet Pro L7590 All-in-One and HP 88 Officejet ink cartridges: High-performance printing for cost-conscious small businesses – professional color quality and up to 50 percent lower color cost per page than comparable laser printers.(1) Designed using HP’s Scalable Print Technology, the All-in-One prints laser-quality documents at fast speeds and offers duplexing, convenient flat-bed scanning, copying, faxing and built-in networking.
* HP Color LaserJet CP1515n/CP1518ni Printer series and HP Color LaserJet CM1312 MFP series: Industry-leading print quality with newly formulated HP ColorSphere toner that provides a wider range of colors, higher gloss and improved photo resolution. Printers also ship with marketing resources such as HP Print View software that allows customers to view elaborate print jobs in advance and estimate document costs to avoid the frustration of unanticipated costs and reprints.
* HP Color LaserJet CP1215: Priced at $299,(3) HP’s lowest-ever priced desktop color laser printer also features new HP ColorSphere toner.
* HP In-house Marketing Starter Kit: Available with select HP printers, the kit includes a sampling of paper types commonly used for marketing collateral such as photo, glossy presentation and matte brochure papers, as well as a Business Marketing Design CD containing templates, images and coupons to provide a jumpstart in creating professional marketing collateral.
* HP 88 Officejet Brochure Value Pack: Specially priced pack includes HP 88 Officejet Color Ink Cartridges, HP Glossy Brochure and Flyer Paper and a Business Marketing Design CD containing everything needed to create professional quality marketing collateral in-house, including free professional design templates, photo images and exclusive offers from StockLayouts, iStockPhoto and Logoworks.
* HP Glossy Brochure and Flyer paper: Improved dry-time is designed to work with HP inkjet printers and enables easy, timely and inexpensive customization of marketing collateral.
* HP Presentation Covers: Durable and professional finishing that elegantly binds proposals and other collateral without the expense of using additional equipment.
HP Officejet Printing System
HP also unveiled a new branding strategy for its business ink portfolio. Now through fall 2008, packaging for all HP Officejet and Officejet Pro hardware and appropriate supplies will be identified with the “HP Officejet Printing System” name.(4)
All hardware and supplies packaging for the HP Officejet Printing System will feature a dark green bar across the top of the box to signify that the entire system – from hardware to ink and media – is designed together to provide small business customers with more affordable solutions to produce professional color documents at up to 50 percent lower cost per page than competing laser printers.(1)
Driving productivity and managing the print environment
New productivity enhancing HP business inkjet and monochrome LaserJet multifunction printers include:
* HP Officejet J6400 All-in-One: Feature-rich printer/flatbed scanner/copier/fax with embedded wired and wireless networking(5) and automatic two-sided printing.
* HP Officejet J4580 All-in-One: Delivers high-quality color documents for less than laser printers when used with HP Officejet inks(6) and offers convenient printing, copying, faxing and flatbed scanning in one device.
* HP Officejet J3600 All-in-One: Dependable printing, copying, scanning and faxing.
* HP LaserJet M1319f MFP: HP’s lowest-priced monochrome laser MFP with print, scan, copy and fax capabilities.
* HP LaserJet M1522 MFP series: Delivers higher-end MFP features at a low price, such as fast print, copy, scan and fax speeds, a 50-sheet automatic document feeder, flatbed color scanning and built-in networking.
To help small businesses better manage their print environments, HP Easy Printer Care software 2.5i monitors between two and 20 HP printers, both laser and ink, with a single tool. Now supporting most HP business inkjet devices,(7) the software makes it easier to maintain and quickly view the status of multiple devices, set up printer and supply alerts, generate basic usage reports and reorder supplies with the click of a button.
Small businesses can enjoy high-quality, highly reliable printing using HP technologies. In fact, a recent report from QualityLogic notes that HP LaserJet monochrome toner cartridges consistently outperform remanufactured cartridges.(8) According to the report, one in three of the remanufactured monochrome toner cartridges tested had some kind of reliability problem, while none of the tested HP cartridges experienced issues.
HP is currently offering a variety of special rebates for its top-selling printers. Rebates and promotional dates will vary by printer model.
Additionally, Staples retail stores across the United States are making it easy for customers to recycle their old printers and purchase a new HP printer. Through this program, which runs from March 16 - May 3, 2008, customers can bring their old printer, regardless of brand, model and condition, to their local Staples store. Staples will recycle the printer for free and provide customers with a $50 discount toward the purchase of a new HP printer priced at $159 or above.(9) Visit www.staples.com to find a nearby Staples store.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.