Hospice, Home Health, Hemet, Sun City, Menifee, Murrieta, Temecula, Southwest Riverside County, Non Profit
Ramona Visiting Nurse Association & Hospice
The Quality You Deserve, the Care You Expect
Ramona Visiting Nurse Association (VNA) & Hospice is a community-based non-profit home health and hospice agency serving Southwest Riverside County for over 20 years. The agency offers skilled nursing, disease management, wound care, and rehabilitation in your home. They help you regain strength and learn to move safely in your home after an illness or accident.
When facing a life-limiting illness, Ramona VNA Hospice is the first to provide quality care with:
- Two full-time physicians specializing in end of life care and certified by the American Board of Hospice and Palliative Medicine. They are two of only 2300 such-certified physicians in the U.S.
- Medical Director named California Homecare Physician of the Year for 2006-07 and honored by Riverside County Board of Supervisors for his excellence in hospice care.
- Full-time Licensed Massage Therapist on staff to provide pain and symptom control. Most hospice patients report significant lessening of pain after a session. Medical research also proves that wounds heal more quickly with massage therapy.
- An extraordinary 84% of registered nurses voluntarily certified by the National Board for Certification of Hospice and Palliative Nurses, a nationally impressive statistic.
- Full-time nursing team working at night, ready to help 24 hours a day.
- Spanish-speaking nurses, home-health aides, social workers, chaplains, and physician to provide care to patients and families.
- Leaders in advocating the best advanced healthcare education for its staff, Ramona VNA & Hospice is also committed to community education. Last year we provided 250 hours of free education throughout the area. Our certified staff with advanced training also provides education to area hospitals and skilled nursing facilities.
As a tax-exempt non-profit charity, Ramona VNA & Hospice never limits services to return profits to stockholders, as some for-profit agencies may do. Any financial surplus goes to patient care so families receive the best care with extra services and benefits.
You Have a Choice
If your physician suggests hospice, ask your physician to submit an order to Ramona VNA & Hospice for an evaluation. Not all hospice providers are the same.
After talking to the hospice liaison you may choose hospice or you may decide to wait awhile. You have a choice for hospice care, and you have a choice of hospice providers.
At Ramona VNA & Hospice, a team approach of treating the whole person – body, mind, and spirit – with experts in each area provides great comfort and improved quality of life for patients and their families. Medical research shows that patients with hospice care live longer than those without. The March 2007 issue of Journal of Pain and Symptom Management states that hospice patients who chose hospice care lived an average of one month longer than similar patients who did not choose hospice care. The largest difference in survival between the hospice and non-hospice groups was observed in congestive heart failure patients who survived an average of 402 days on hospice, compared to only 321 days without hospice. Lung cancer patients survived an average of 39 days longer, and pancreatic cancer patients lived an average of 21 days longer.
For more information about Ramona VNA & Hospice or living longer with hospice care, visit www.RamonaVNA.org or call 951-658-9288. Communities served include Temecula, Murrieta, Lake Elsinore, Wildomar, Sun City, Menifee, Moreno Valley, Perris, Hemet, San Jacinto, Idyllwild, and surrounding areas.
- Contact Information
- Barbara Matthews
- Director of Marketing
- Ramona VNA & Hospice
- Contact via E-mail
This news content may be integrated into any legitimate news gathering and publishing effort. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.