Simplifydigital - the new free impartial broadband, digital TV and phone provider advisory service
Simplifydigital is a new, free and totally impartial sales advisory service which has just been launched and which aims to take away one of the major hassles for the 6 million house movers each year* – changing telephone, broadband and digital TV providers - and save significant money in the process.
Simplifydigital acts like a personal digital concierge. Home movers can dial a freephone number in order to speak to a qualified consultant based in London, who will match their unique requirements to the most appropriate and best value package available from over 530,000 digital package combinations on database. The consultant will compare broadband, compare digital TV and compare home phone services to find the best package to suit their needs. If the customer then wants to go ahead with a purchase, the digital concierge will book the installation of the services on their behalf, at the best time for their diary. If the customer would prefer to think about it, they are emailed or sent a copy of their personal consultation document to review in their own time.
The new service can also help home movers save money at a time when every penny counts. According to Simplifydigital, who recently commissioned a YouGov poll**, an average of £160 can be saved per year from opting for a digital bundle of two or more services from the same broadband, telephone and digital TV provider. This is more than enough for most users to offset the recent energy price rises (British Gas put up bills by an average of £139 in Jan 08).
Charlie Ponsonby, CEO of Simplifydigital commented on the new service by saying:
“Moving home is the perfect time to reassess all household expenses and there are big savings to be had on digital TV, broadband and telephone services if the right deal is chosen. Until now there has been no place to go for impartial advice and with the mass of conflicting and confusing advertising customers can miss out on the ideal service. The Simplifydigital team is able to search through over 530,000 different package options on a database in a matter of minutes, which would take the average person over two years if they took two minutes to review each one.”
PR Contact details:
CEO Simplify Digital Limited
1 Hammersmith Grove
020 7788 1022
Notes to Editors
*Source: Moveme 2007
** Source: All the Simplifydigital figures stated are from YouGov Plc. Total sample size was 2,006 adults. Fieldwork was undertaken 1-4 Feb 2008. The survey was carried out online. The figures have been weighted and are representative of all GB adults (aged 18+).
Simplifydigital is led by Charles Ponsonby, former Marketing Director of BSkyB and his co-founder Lawrence Bleach, the former Retail Marketing and Distribution Director at Sky. The team also includes Vince Warsap, who is a highly experienced contact centre executive who spent 10 years running Virgin Atlantic’s call centre operations, as well as product and marketing specialists from uSwitch and Tesco.
Simplifydigital offers the consumer:
- a free, impartial consultation from a qualified expert
- the best deal to match an individual’s needs based on a choice of 530,000 package combinations from a wide variety of suppliers including Freeview, Sky, Virgin Media, TalkTalk, BT, Setanta, TopupTV, AOL, and Orange broadband
- the opportunity to get the installation of services booked, or the option to be sent a copy of the consultation to review at home
- the assurance of Simplifydigital being on hand to manage through any potential problems with the install, before handing over to the service provider in question
- an anniversary consultation if required
- the sale of TVs and Freeview boxes for those wanting to replace kit at the same time as installing a new service
- “the greenest way to go digital” – with advice on the most energy efficient TVs and digiboxes
- a free email newsletter to keep up to date with new developments.
- Contact Information
- Charlie Ponsonby
- Contact via E-mail
This news content may be integrated into any legitimate news gathering and publishing effort. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.