AT&T Web Site to Deliver Fresher, Faster and Friendlier Shopping Experience
Site Redesign Provides Easier Path for Customers to Do Business With AT&T, Reinforces Company’s Commitment to Customer Satisfaction
AT&T Inc. (NYSE:T), the nation’s No. 1 wireless and broadband provider, is making shopping a whole lot easier at www.att.com. AT&T is unveiling a series of upgrades that will provide its millions of customers with convenient and seamless access to its complete portfolio of wireless, broadband, video and voice services — whether at home or on the road.
According to a recent Nielsen Global Online survey on Internet shopping habits, more than 85 percent of people with Internet access around the world have shopped online, and more than half of all Internet users have made at least one purchase in the past month.
As more consumers access products and services online, delivering a satisfying online experience is critical. The redesigned Web site — already a popular online destination that placed among the top five online destinations based on online sales on the most significant shopping days of the year including Black Friday (the day after Thanksgiving) and Cyber Monday (the following work day) — creates a convenient, easy-to-use atmosphere that will keep AT&T’s customers coming back. In fact, att.com leads the wireless industry in sales and service activities, according to third party research.
“The reason we continue to invest in our Web site is simple: it’s all about the customer experience and making it easy for consumers to do business with us,” said Rick Welday, AT&T chief marketing officer, Consumer. “We want our millions of customers to have easy access to their services — from wireless to TV — so they can get their questions answered and needs met 24/7, 365 days a year through att.com.”
The new att.com now includes vibrant use of color, a more approachable tone, expressive use of photography and easy-to-use navigation tools — Explore, Shop, Support, and MyAccount — that will guide customers to various ordering, support and self-service applications.
Following are a few of the features now available at www.att.com:
* Bundling. As new AT&T voice customers build bundles, this knowledge-based application offers better control by providing straightforward options, choices and pricing throughout the ordering process. In addition, Learn More pop-up windows are available so that customers can easily cross-reference service information, and those unsure of what they need can ask AT&T to recommend services that are the best fit based on lifestyle and usage preferences.
* Click-to-Chat. Customers who have questions about a variety of AT&T services can use this tool to chat live with an AT&T service representative via any online connection. Should a customer stall for more than two minutes during the ordering process, the tool will automatically engage in case a customer needs assistance.
* Customer Reviews and Forums. Those interested in buying wireless devices can read reviews posted by other customers or check out 360-degree demos to get a better feel of a device’s look, function and features. The site also offers Customer Forums where visitors can seek advice from AT&T or other customers about wireless services and devices.
* eRepair. After logging into their account, customers can report problems or request repairs using features available at http://repair.att.com. The tool will prompt customers to enter a phone number and give the option to troubleshoot a problem or, if needed, schedule an appointment with an AT&T technician.
* eBilling. With eBilling, customers can conveniently look up account information or pay bills online at anytime, day or night, in just a few mouse clicks. Today, more than 3 million AT&T customers receive an eBill across the company’s 22-state footprint. Many AT&T customers are also taking advantage of the ability to combine their wireless and wired bills into one.
* AT&T Smart Limits. In addition to researching, ordering and repairing services, customers can also access parental control features across AT&T’s portfolio of services. The controls allow users to easily and conveniently set limits on children’s phones, control content or block channels as needed.
* My MEdia Net. Customers interested in personalizing the home page of their wireless device with more of the content they want, such as local news, stock quotes, or weather forecasts, can now easily do so at http://www.att.com/mymedianet.
The redesigned Web site, which recently ranked first in customer satisfaction according to global Internet information provider comScore, includes a variety of elements from the company’s successful wireless Web site and underscores AT&T’s commitment to integrate best practices following its merger with BellSouth Corp., and consolidated ownership of Cingular.
© 2008 AT&T Intellectual Property. All rights reserved. AT&T and the AT&T logo are trademarks of AT&T Intellectual Property.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.