On Valentine’s Day, Nothing Says I Love You
New SC Johnson “Love Affair with Cleaning” Survey reveals many women would prefer a clean bathroom to a Valentine’s Day bouquet
RACINE, Wis.– A clean toilet may be better than a bed of roses this Valentine’s Day. While the day of romance traditionally evokes thoughts of flowers, candy and romantic dinners, the recent SC Johnson “Love Affair with Cleaning” Survey1 reveals a way to a woman’s heart may actually be through a clean bathroom.
Would you rather…
While jewelry, chocolate hearts and teddy bears will likely remain the predictable choices for Valentine’s Day gifts, the survey revealed many women ages 35-44 would prefer the gift of clean given by their beloved scrubbing away soap scum on bended knee.
• Fifty-six percent would rather have their homes dusted by their loved ones than receive a box of candy
• A clean bathroom beats out a bouquet of flowers, according to 45 percent of women ages 35 – 44
• Twenty-one percent chose a kitchen clean up instead of a dinner out
“Diamonds may be a girl’s best friend, but a clean home is a thoughtful alternative this Valentine’s Day,” says Kelly Semrau, vice president of Global Public Affairs and Communication for SC Johnson. “For those who do choose cleaning the house as an expression of devotion this year, SC Johnson has products and tips to ensure their love shines through.”
Love is in the air…
Love doesn’t have to cost a thing, except maybe a little sweat and elbow grease. According to the survey, adults ages 18-34 who have a significant other ranked washing dishes (62 percent), scrubbing the shower (54 percent) and cleaning the toilet (47 percent) among the top three household chores that would most prove the sentiments of love this Valentine’s Day. SC Johnson offers the following tips and solutions to keep your sweetheart satisfied this Valentine’s Day:
• Labor of love. After washing and drying the dishes, wipe down the kitchen countertops with Windex® Antibacterial Multi-Surface Cleaner – great for cleaning and disinfecting countertops after you’ve whipped up that perfect Valentine’s Day meal.
• Rub-a-dub-dub, love starts by scrubbing the tub. Use a product like Scrubbing Bubbles® Action Scrubber to cut through soap scum and leave a sparkle as bright as that twinkle in your partner’s eye.
• Take the Plunge. The Scrubbing Bubbles® Fresh Brush™ MAX is a disposable toilet cleaning system that cleans tough stains like hard water, limescale and rust, not only leaving a clean surface but also creating a sparkling way to say “I love you.”
A love affair with cleaning
Love of a clean home extends far beyond Valentine’s Day. Survey results show that 61 percent of all adults derive a sense of accomplishment from doing household chores throughout the year and they’re most proud of:
• Gleaming countertops, refrigerators, and stovetops in their kitchen (53 percent)
• Bathrooms free from mildew, soap scum and yesterday’s toothpaste (42 percent)
• Floors and carpets clean enough to eat off (50 percent)
A spirit of innovation
Throughout SC Johnson’s five generations of family leadership, product innovation has been fundamental to the company’s growth, developing new products and improving the trusted brands that make homes cleaner and better. Since
SC Johnson’s first product – Johnson’s Prepared Wax – innovative new product introductions have been fast and furious, changing not only how families care for their homes, but allowing families to maintain their homes better and in less time.
With time-tested brands such as Windex®, Pledge® and Glade®, SC Johnson continues to bring consumers innovation. This Valentine’s Day consumers can continue their love affair with cleaning using some of SC Johnson’s latest home cleaning innovations including the Scrubbing Bubbles® Action Scrubber, fantastik® Clean & Shine, Pledge® Multi Surface Clean and Dust™, and the Scrubbing Bubbles® Automatic Shower Cleaner.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.