Aqua Cancun, A New Luxury Resort Experience, Brings Mayan Hospitality to New York City on February 6th
New York, NY; February 7, 2008 – “Your wish- my wish” is the motto AQUA Cancun, a new resort on Mexico’s Caribbean coast, promises for all guests. On February 6th, AQUA hosted a private event in New York City to celebrate the launch of the resort and to showcase the unique features and talent offered by the property. Celebrity Chef Michelle Bernstein served haute cuisine from her new restaurant MB; Wine and Spirits Guru Steve Olson created signature cocktails from his resort lounge, AKA Wine & Mezcal Bar; and International DJ Sky Nellor and the resident DJ Gotardo played cool rhythmic tunes throughout the evening.
“AQUA Cancun represents an exciting new evolution for Grupo Posadas,” said Javier Barrera, Chief Marketing Officer for Grupo Posadas, Aqua’s owner. “This event captured the essence of AQUA by touching each of the five senses : taste, touch, sound, smell and sight. We hope our grand opening events this weekend in Cancun are as much of a success as the New York celebration.”
Celebrity attendees included Kim Cattrall, Sex and the City ; Neil Patrick Harris, How I Met Your Mother ; Marcia Gay Harden, Mystic River ; Michael Michell, How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days ; Ana Ortiz, Ugly Betty ; Alan Cumming, X Men ; Callie Thorn, Rescue Me ; Sherri Saum, Rescue Me ; Rachel Taylor, Transformers ; Katrina Bowden, 30 Rock ; Mario Cantone, Sex and the City ; Rene Fris of Sheer Genius ; as well as Top Chef alums Sam Talbot, Dave Martin and Lee Anne Wong.
Each of the chefs prepared their signature dishes from AQUA Cancun, including:
MB (Michelle Bernstein):
• Shrimp al Ajillo y Pan con Tomate
• Braised Oxtail, Fregola (Israeli Cous Cous)
• Warm Chestnut Soup Shooters, Truffles, Shitakes
• Foie Gras Mousse, with a Prune Armagnac Gelee, Brioche Crisp
• Cinnamon Dusted Churros with Spicy Chocolate Dipping Sauce
SIETE (Martha Ortiz)
• Horchata with Peanuts and Cinnamon
• Ceviche of Cabio with Pineapple, Cilantro and Basil
• Grilled Duck Tacos with Catarina Salsa– a Guajillo & Toasted Almond Sauce
• Velvet Cajeta with a Miniature Corn Cookie and Sprinkles
AZUR (Franco Maddalozzo)
• Duck Ravioli with Clam Ragu
• Lobster Ceviche with Greek Yogurt
• Mediterranean Sea Bass Sashimi with Truffle Essence
• Polenta Bruschetta with Mushroom Ragu and Buffalo Mozzarella
• Panna Cotta with a Strawberry Gelee and Pineapple Carpaccio
AKA Wine & Mezcal Bar by Steve Olson:
• Liquid Smoke: Don Julio Blanco Tequila grand Marnier, fresh lime and agave nectar with the smoke of Del Maguey Chichicapa Mezcal.
• Watermelon Mojito: Fresh pieces of watermelon, crushed with yerba buena, cane syrup and Havana Club Platinum Rum. A top of soda provides the effervescence.
• Michy Bonita: A blend to match the talent and style of our chef, Michelle Bernstein. A beautiful combination of Tanqueray No. Ten, fresh grapefruit, orange and lime with a touch of chamomile.
The luxury resort features 371 rooms, 3 diverse restaurants (MB, Siete Restaurant and Azur Restaurant), a multi-sensory spa and fitness center, 8 unique swimming pools, 2 playful lounges/bars (AKA Wine & Mezcal Bar by Steve Olsen and Bar Egos) and a comprehensive business center (B-On CyberCafe). Upon arrival, guests of AQUA Cancun are welcomed with “In Lakech,” a traditional Mayan greeting expressing the staff’s philosophy of devoted service and desire to please.
AQUA Cancun is located at Boulevard Kukulcan Km 12.5, Cancun 77500 Mexico, and is a direct flight from most major metropolitan airports. For further information on AQUA Cancun, please visit www.feel-aqua.com.
# # #
Aqua is a new brand of high-end lifestyle hotels by Grupo Posadas. The properties break out of the traditional concept of industrial design and offer an innovative and playful space for unforgettable vacations. This radical new concept creates a hotel that is memorable, transcendent and unique, giving guests the feeling that the resort was created just for them. The vanguard architecture, good taste and attention to detail work together to create the “Aqua accent” and surpass guests’ expectations, letting them experience the true essence and superior quality of the hotel.
About Grupo Posadas
Grupo Posadas operates more than 104 hotels and more than 18,000 rooms in 50 beach and city destinations in Mexico, Brazil, Argentina and Chile. The company’s hotels – Aqua, Fiesta Americana Grand, Fiesta Americana, Lat 19°, One Hotels, Fiesta Inn, Caesar Park and Caesar Business in Brazil, Argentina and Chile – make it one of Mexico’s best known international brands. Grupo Posadas has been listed on the Mexican Stock Exchange since 1992.
For further information on Posadas, visit www.posadas.com.
- Contact Information
- Celeste Niebergall
- Group Manager
- Evins Communications
- Contact via E-mail
This news content may be integrated into any legitimate news gathering and publishing effort. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.