truTV Rides Wave of Success, Scoring Most-Watched Month in Network’s 16-Year History
In its first full month as the new truTV – the former Court TV – showed extraordinary growth, scoring its best month ever in primetime among adults 18-49, adults 25-54, viewers and households, according to data from Nielsen Media Research. The network also won an outstanding Top 10 finish among households in primetime for the month. In addition to its overall January success, truTV claimed its best week ever among viewers.
“We couldn’t be prouder about how well truTV has performed in its first month,” said Marc Juris, executive vice president and general manager of truTV. “We have received an overwhelmingly positive response to our new brand and look forward to continued success and growth throughout the year.”
truTV’s performance highlights for January 2008:
* • In January 2008, truTV delivered its best-ever prime figures among adults 18-49 (568,000), adults 25-54 (620,000), viewers (1,352,000) and households (1,021,000). • truTV notched a Top 10 ranking for the month among ad-supported cable networks in prime for viewing households.
* • truTV scored double-digit growth versus January 2007, with adults 25-54 up 15%, viewers up 17% and households up 14%.
* • truTV’s success during January 2008 wasn’t limited to primetime. The network earned Top 10 rankings in total day among adults 25-54 (404,000) and viewers (859,000).
truTV’s performance highlights for the final week of January:
* • This was truTV’s most-watched week in primetime in the history of the network, with 1,426,000 viewers. • truTV claimed a Top 10 prime ranking for the week among adults 25-54 (646,000).
* • truTV’s primetime yielded double-digit growth when compared to the same week a year ago, with adults 25-54 up 17%, viewers up 21% and households up 15%.
* • Key truTV series garnered outstanding time-period rankings this week. Back-to-back episodes of Ocean Force (Monday, Jan. 21, 8-9 p.m.) scored Top 10 rankings for adults 18-49, adults 25-54, viewers and households. The special Disorder In The Court 3 (Tuesday, Jan. 22, 9-10 p.m.) ranked in the Top 10 for the time period among adults 18-49 and adults 25-54, as well as a Top 5 ranking for total viewers. Most Shocking (Wednesday, Jan. 23, 8-9 p.m.) earned a Top Five ranking among adults 18-49 and men 18-49, as well as Top Ten rankings among adults 25-54, viewers and households. And back-to-back episodes of Speeders (Thursday, Jan. 24, 8-9 p.m.) were a hit with men, snaring Top Five rankings among men 18-49 and men 25-54.
© Time Warner 2008. All Rights Reserved.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.