AmberPoint Extends Market Leadership into 2008 with Dozens of New Enterprise Customers
SOA Governance Leader Completes a Record Quarter for Customer Traction
Oakland, CA, January, 2008 -- AmberPoint today announced the recent addition of dozens of new customers from around the world, further broadening its leadership in the service oriented architecture (SOA) governance market. AmberPoint’s latest customers include global leaders in insurance, telecommunications, financial services, information technology, healthcare and government agencies. The company’s recent achievements round out a successful year of product innovations, industry alliances and accolades from industry analysts and trade journals.
In the last quarter of 2007, AmberPoint grew its installed base substantially, raising the company’s industry-leading roster of enterprise customers to more than 200. New users span a number of industries, including:
* Financial Services: ING Bank, Rand Merchant Bank, Bank Negara Malaysia, UBS Financial Services, and National Wealth Management
* Communications: Leading wireless service providers T-Mobile and Crickett Communications, Nokia Siemens, teleconferencing/webconference provider Intercall, and Portugal Telecom’s Sonaecom Services Comunicações
* Government: U.S. Department of Defense, U.S. Intelligence agencies, Israel’s Tel Aviv Municipality, and Principado de Asturias in Spain
* Healthcare and Insurance: Cincinnati Children’s Hospital, Bristol-Meyers Squibb, and Axis Specialty U.S. Services
* Technology: Qualcomm, PriceWaterhouseCoopers, Argentina’s Grupo IT, France’s Auchan International Technology, and European IT consulting firms Altran Technologies and Sogeti
* Other: Commercial and residential building products giant Armstrong World Industries and travel leader Carlson Wagonlit
In addition to these named companies, AmberPoint signed many other new customers across industries and completed significant follow-on business for the quarter. AmberPoint’s record quarter of direct sales to corporate customers and government agencies was bolstered by partner-driven sales of its SOA runtime governance software. AmberPoint has OEM, distribution, reseller and development agreements in place with BEA, iWay, IONA, Microsoft, SAP, Software AG, TIBCO and other leading software companies.
“We ended calendar year 2007 with our strongest quarter ever,” said AmberPoint CEO John Hubinger. “Companies around the world are moving toward SOA-based systems and are realizing that runtime SOA governance is essential to these efforts. We also saw a substantial upturn in the size of initial deals, as more of our new customers implement critical SOA initiatives and opt for enterprise licenses of AmberPoint. It’s gratifying to see such significant growth in our market and it’s promising to see so much activity across industries and geographies and through our strategic partnerships. As the clear leader in this market, we look forward to continuing our success in 2008.”
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.