New KODAK EASYSHARE-ONE Wi-Fi Digital Camera a Hit; Poised to be One of the Year’s Hottest Holiday Electronics Gifts
One-of-a-Kind Camera Enjoys High Consumer and Media Praise; Orange Hotspots, WPA Security Now Supported with Firmware Update
NEW YORK, Nov. 15 -- As the 2006 International Consumer Electronics Show (CES) press preview opened here today to hundreds of the world’s most influential technology and lifestyle journalists, Kodak reported that its new EASYSHARE-ONE zoom digital camera has become a hit just weeks after its initial shipment.
The innovative product — the world’s first Wi-Fi consumer digital camera, and the only camera in the world from which people can e-mail pictures — is winning praise from consumers and media around the world, and is now poised to be one of the year’s hottest holiday electronics gifts.
Within the past two weeks alone, the EASYSHARE-ONE camera:
* Was named the prestigious “Best of What’s New – Grand Award (Photography)” winner from the editors of Popular Science; was selected as one of 50 “must have” products on the TechLiving 2005 Hot List; and won two DigitalCameraInfo.com Select Awards, including innovation of the year;
* Attracted thousands of people to the limited-time KODAK One Galleries in New York City and San Francisco, as well as the outdoor EASYSHARE-ONE camera exhibit at la Défense in Paris;
* Began supporting more than 17,000 thousand Orange hotspots throughout France, expanding existing “on the go” hotspot access from T-Mobile (U.S., U.K., and Germany) and Telstra (Australia);
* And garnered accolades from technology reviewers in Europe, Australia and North America. In addition, Kodak’s innovative development of the camera helped it win recognition last month as an esteemed “Superbrands Germany” company.
The camera is helping everyday people share their digital pictures in ways never before possible. “The EASYSHARE-ONE camera is one of the most amazing cameras that I have ever owned,” said Nicole Bonugli, who lives just outside Boston. “I’ve shared photos with my family and friends in realtime using Wi-Fi from sports stadiums such as TD Banknorth Garden and Fenway Park; while traveling in California at a small sub shop on Pacific Coast Highway; and from the comfort of my home. I carry this camera with me everywhere I go. It’s so convenient and lets me share my pictures anytime.”
To provide an even better sharing experience, Kodak has now made available a firmware update that supports WPA-PSK security (in addition to existing WEP capability), adds 802.1X security for select hotspot connections, and enhances picture browsing via the KODAK EASYSHARE Gallery. In addition, the company also released EASYSHARE Software version 5.2 for WINDOWS and MACINTOSH operating systems. The firmware and software can be downloaded free of charge by visiting http://www.kodak.com/go/easyshare-one/
The KODAK EASYSHARE-ONE camera combines the power of sharing, taking, organizing, and printing pictures into a single, highly innovative product. Only the EASYSHARE-ONE camera has the ability to send e-mail from the camera, to connect to the KODAK EASYSHARE Gallery at home and on-the-go from thousands of hotspots worldwide, to store up to 1,500 favorite pictures, and to optimize viewing and operation via its unique touch screen and graphical menus. It’s the ultimate picture sharing device, redefining the digital photography experience.
Holiday shoppers can experience the EASYSHARE-ONE camera and companion wireless products for themselves in a variety of ways, including:
* Visiting major retailers in the U.S. (e.g., Circuit City, CompUSA, Ritz Camera), U.K. (e.g., Dixons), France (e.g., FNAC) and Australia (e.g., Harvey Norman), as well as a number of independent retailers.
* Stopping by the KODAK One Galleries in New York (102 Wooster St. at Spring) and San Francisco (1823 Union St. at Octavia) through November 27. For directions and event listings, visit http://www.kodak.com/go/onegallery/
* Going to http://www.kodak.com/go/easyshare-one/ for a virtual, 3D demonstration, plus links to the KODAK Online Store and additional retailers.
The innovative KODAK EASYSHARE digital photography system — consisting of cameras, viewers, software, docks, home snapshot printers, services, papers and accessories — makes taking, organizing, sharing, and printing high quality digital pictures effortless. More information on KODAK EASYSHARE products is available at www.kodak.com/go/EasyShare.
About Eastman Kodak Company
Kodak is the leader in helping people take, share, print and view images – for memories, for information, for business, and for entertainment. With sales of $13.5 billion in 2004, the company is committed to a digitally oriented growth strategy focused on four businesses: Digital & Film Imaging Systems – providing consumers, professionals and cinematographers with digital and traditional products and services; Health – supplying the medical and dental professions with traditional and digital imaging and information systems, IT solutions and services; Graphic Communications – providing customers with a range of solutions for prepress, traditional and digital printing, and document scanning and multi-vendor IT services; and Display & Components – supplying original equipment manufacturers with imaging sensors as well as intellectual property and materials for the organic light-emitting diode (OLED) and LCD display industries. More information about Kodak (NYSE: EK) is available at www.kodak.com.
KODAK, EASYSHARE and EASYSHARE-ONE are trademarks of Eastman Kodak Company. 2005
- Contact Information
- Audrey Jonckheer
- Eastman Kodak Company
- Contact via E-mail
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.