Fujifilm Paper Line-up Includes New Fujicolor Crystal Archive Preferred PaperTM
New Photo Paper Delivers Vibrant Colors with Added Value
Valhalla, NY, January 24, 2008 — FUJIFILM U.S.A., Inc. today introduced Fujicolor Crystal Archive Preferred PaperTM as the newest addition to its advanced line-up of photo paper. Fujicolor Crystal Archive Preferred Paper is a new silver halide color photo paper for printing consumer photographs. This new paper yields high quality glossy prints with the distinctive physical characteristics of a golden Fujicolor Crystal Archive back print with a thicker, stiffer base, for both digital and analog printers.
Like Fujicolor Crystal Archive Paper Type II, Preferred Paper features include:
Vivid Color Reproduction - Retains beautiful colors ranging from subtle shades of green, vivid blues and reds. Skin tones appear more natural and cleaner, and gradation is more smooth and natural.
Brilliant Whites and Distinct Highlight Detail - Excellent whiteness, with clear and distinct highlight details.
Excellent Image Stability - Exhibits high image stability during long-term dark storage and excellent light storage stability, as well as sharply improved storability with respect to nitrogen oxide, ozone and other gases.
Lab Friendly Handling Characteristics – Tolerance for processing unevenness and pressure-induced density variations that sometimes occur.
Optimized Silver Halide Crystals for Laser Exposure – Yet Optically Compatible – Produces excellent prints from Frontier system laser printers, as well as other digital exposure systems and conventional photographic printers.
High Productivity – Frontier 500 and 700 series super-fast processing compatible.
Preferred Paper was designed for retailers to provide their customers with print options that can generate additional income. Retailers using Preferred Paper, can create more revenue while differentiating themselves from other retailers and increasing their customer loyalty and retention.
Fujicolor Crystal Archive Preferred PaperTM will begin production in Greenwood, South Carolina in Spring 2008, and will be available in most popular retail photofinishing sizes.
FUJIFILM’S Photo Paper Line-Up
Preferred Paper is a perfect complement to Fujifilm’s existing line of photo paper:
• Fujicolor Crystal Archive Paper Type II is Fujifilm silver halide pace setter for consumer photofinishing. It shares with Fujicolor Crystal Archive Preferred PaperTM the image reproduction, processing and image stability characteristics for which Crystal Archive print materials are admired. Type II is available in glossy, lustre and matte surfaces in sizes from four to 12 inches in width.
• Fujicolor Crystal Archive Professional Paper Super Type PD professional paper features excellent and natural skin tone gradation, brilliant whites and highlight details. Super Type PD is optimized for digital printing with Fujifilm Frontier and other digital silver halide printing systems.
• Fujicolor Crystal Archive Professional Paper Super Type P is similar to Super Type PD but is compatible with conventional analog printers as well as digital. Both Fujicolor Crystal Archive Professional Paper Super Type P and Fujicolor Crystal Archive Professional Paper Super Type PD are available in Lustre surface, and have a Fujicolor Professional back print with copyright warning to protect the professional photographer’s interests.
• Fujicolor Crystal Archive Professional Paper Super Type C professional paper features accurate color reproduction, brilliant whites, plus excellent highlight detail and sharp text quality. Super Type C has excellent image stability and is perfect for commercial display prints. It is available in glossy surface with the Fujicolor Crystal Archive back print from four inches to 50 inches, and in matte without a back print in sizes up to 60 inches in width.
• Fujicolor Crystal Archive Digital PEARL Paper, introduced in 2007, is a silver halide color paper with a distinctive pearl-like appearance for professional, commercial, fashion and portrait prints. Embedded pearl-like crystals produce a high gloss reflectance, particularly in highlights, to enhance the warmth and depth of printed images. Commercial photographers will find the lustrous, rich textural quality of PEARL Paper particularly beneficial in situations where subject matter involves highly saturated colors, fabrics or metallic objects. It has a wide tonal range, sharp text quality and high color saturation and allows commercial photographers to deliver stunning prints that capture viewer attention. PEARL Paper base is non-back printed for commercial display versatility in select widths up to 50 inches. Portrait photographers will also appreciate the capability of PEARL Paper to accurately reproduce a wide range of skin tones while adding a distinctive look to add value to wedding packages and other creative opportunities. PEARL Paper features a thick base and high stiffness to enhance durability.
• Fujiflex Professional Crystal Archive Printing Material is a silver halide color printing material with enhanced laser scanning exposure suitability, designed exclusively for digital output on large-format digital printers. Because of its polyester PET base, this printing material produces prints that are superbly smooth with a sharp, transparent finish. It is well-suited to a wide variety of uses, such as large sized displays, advertisements and photo exhibitions.
• FUJICLEAR and FUJITRANS Professional Crystal Archive Display Material for Digital Printers are laser-exposure-optimized color print materials for use in the production of backlit color display prints. When exposed by laser light on laser printers or other digital printing devices, these materials produce high-quality transparent color prints. They are suitable for a wide range of display uses such as advertising, publicity, indoor decoration and the gaming industry.
For more information or hi-res images, please visit www.fujifilmusa.com/pma .
About FUJIFILM U.S.A., Inc.
FUJIFILM U.S.A. Inc., is a marketing subsidiary of FUJIFILM Corporation, Tokyo, Japan, providing digital and analog photographic Imaging Systems, Recording/Storage Media and Motion Picture Film products and services to consumers, professionals and businesses. For more information on Fujifilm U.S.A. products, customers can call 800-800-FUJI or visit www.fujifilmusa.com . To receive news and information direct from Fujifilm U.S.A. via RSS, subscribe free at www.fujifilmusa.com/rss .
Fujifilm Corporation (NASDAQ:FUJI) brings continuous innovation and leading-edge products to a broad spectrum of imaging industries including medical, life sciences, consumer electronic, chemical, graphic arts, information systems, photography and office products based on its vast portfolio of digital, optical, fine chemical and thin film coating technologies. It was ranked number 15 for U.S. patents granted in 2006, employs more than 75,000 people worldwide and in the year ended March 31, 2007, had global revenues of $23.6 billion. For more information, please visit www.fujifilmholdings.com.
All product and company names herein may be trademarks of their registered owners
- Contact Information
- Adam Yates
- Contact via E-mail
This news content may be integrated into any legitimate news gathering and publishing effort. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.