U.K.: Citi Cards Launches Miles with More Value with New easyJet MasterCard
Includes Free Flight Worth £40, 10% Back & Ongoing easyJet 1-2-3 Rewards Program
easyJet, the U.K.’s largest airline, has teamed up with Citi Cards to launch a credit card that offers consumers’ miles more value when booking their trips abroad, including a three-month introductory offer and an ongoing rewards program with great benefits for cardholders.
Cardholders can enjoy three great extras with the easyJet MasterCard introductory offer, which lasts for the first 90 days from activating their card. These are one free easyJet flight worth up to £40 (including taxes) when they spend £250 or more in the first three months; 10% back on all easyJet flights booked within the first three months – and related purchases such as hotel bookings and car hires if made at the same time as the flight; and 0% interest for the first nine months on all balance transfers (3% fee, minimum £5) if made within 90 days of card activation.
The easyJet MasterCard rewards program, called “easyJet 1-2-3,” earns cardholders easyJet Miles on all purchases made on easyJet.com and anywhere else. Three miles are earned for every £1 spent on easyJet flights, two miles for every £1 spent on overseas purchases, and one mile for every £1 spent on all other purchases. Miles can then be used towards future easyJet flights (where each mile is worth 1.0p) or taken as cashback once a year (where each mile is worth 0.5p). The card has a typical 16.9% APR (variable) on purchases.
The free flights can be taken from any easyJet U.K. airport (Belfast, Birmingham, Bournemouth, Bristol, East Midlands, Edinburgh, Gatwick, Glasgow, Inverness, Liverpool, Luton, Manchester, Newcastle or Stansted) to 89 destinations (360 routes) throughout Europe and Northern Africa, subject to availability.
Leo Purcell, easyJet’s Partnership Manager, easyJet, commented: “We are delighted to launch the new easyJet MasterCard in partnership with Citi. This is an exciting offer which will appeal to both leisure and business customers by turning their credit card spending into savings on easyJet flights.”
Nana Banerjee, Head of Cards at Citi, said: “Partnering with easyJet allows consumers who want to turn their everyday credit card spending on one of the U.K.’s leading credit cards into the opportunity to travel to the many exciting destinations to which easyJet fly. This new card reinforces our position in the cards partnership market globally and as a significant player in U.K. credit cards across our Egg, Citi, and co-branded portfolios.”
Additional benefits of the easyJet MasterCard include:
* Interest free period of up to 56 days for purchases for balances paid in full and on time.
* Fee free additional card
* No annual fee
* easyJet Card Alerts - free regular balance updates by email or text message.
* Identity Theft Solutions
* Fraud Early Warning – all cards are monitored for suspicious activity and customers are alerted. If usage is proved to be without consent, customers are not liable for purchases.
* Online Fraud Guarantee – Citi will investigate if any charges are made to customer’s card online without their consent, so they can shop online with confidence.
* Transactional disputes – if customers see a transaction that they don’t think is correct and dispute it with the retailer, Citi will aim to put the error right.
* Emergency 24 hr legal and medical advice – 24 hour access to medical and legal services; helping with passports, visas and vaccinations as well as local assistance while abroad.
* Fast emergency card replacement – if a card is lost or stolen, telephone Citi and a new card will aim to be delivered within 24 hours, anywhere in the world.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.