Motorola Enriches Consumers’ Mobile Experiences in 2008
Unmatched mobile experiences and ultimate in-home and on-the-go solutions on display at 2008 International CES
CES – Las Vegas.– Motorola, Inc. (NYSE: MOT) today kicked off the 2008 International Consumer Electronics Show (CES) by demonstrating innovative mobile experiences and media mobility solutions that deliver personalized, rich media content to consumers. Motorola’s portfolio of new devices and solutions will be on display at its booth located at the Las Vegas Convention Center (LVCC) Central Hall booth #8545.
“Whether it’s enabling people to become more productive or creating a more complete, immersive music and multi-media experience, Motorola delivers it,” said Stu Reed, president, Motorola Mobile Devices. “At CES 2008, Motorola will demonstrate ‘must have’ and intuitive mobile devices that allow consumers to explore and enrich every facet of their lives.”
Consumers expect to enjoy more consistent and interactive applications, services and content with any device and via any access network – wired, WiMAX, cable, evolving generations of cellular, advanced peer-to-peer networks and more. CES 2008 attendees will see the latest Motorola solutions and demonstrations that enable the ultimate mobile experiences from high-quality handheld devices to set-tops at home.
“Motorola is showcasing personal media experience at home and on-the-go, enabling consumers to access their personalized content when, where and how they want it,” said Dan Moloney, president, Motorola Home & Networks Mobility. “We’re focused on delivering rich personal media experiences that enable our operator customers to offer revenue generating services to their subscribers.”
Highlights of Motorola announcements at CES 2008 include:
MOTO™ Z10 – It’s filmmaking on the fly with the MOTO Z10 that helps consumers create, edit, share and consume multimedia on the go. This pocket-sized mobile film studio plays and captures high-quality video, marries audio and video and creates a full storyboard with soundtrack, commentary and visual effects all from the handset.
ROKR E8 – Transforming from phone to music player with one touch, the ROKR E8 is the first handset to use Motorola’s inventive ModeShift technology to create an immersive mobile music experience. The E8 also marks the debut of Motorola’s new FastScroll navigation wheel, which offers a simple way to navigate menus and explore all of the content stored on the device, with just a gentle slide of the thumb.
* EQ5 and EQ7 – For mobile music enjoyment, Motorola’s first wireless speakers provide mobility for playing music and taking phone calls in speakerphone mode, with rich, stereo sound and elegant style.
* Motorola is also unveiling six new wired and wireless headsets that bring incredible sound to the mobile music experience.
* Motorola W Series – Providing sweet sound at an affordable price, the new W230 and W270 include features that go beyond mobile phone basics with multiple ways to enjoy music and stay connected. A dedicated music key activates the digital audio player, and favorite songs can be stored1 using removable memory cards.
* Two-Way Radios – Motorola will introduce its 2008 collection of Talkabout® two-way radios.
Home & Networks Mobility
* BT Selects Motorola as Lead Next Gen Set Top Supplier – Motorola will be lead supplier of second-generation V-Boxes boasting a new look, the potential for substantially improved energy efficiency and enhanced capabilities for deployment in 2009.
* Mobile TV DH01 & Standards-based infrastructure for service providers – This lightweight, pocket-sized personal media player extends the consumer TV experience to anytime and anywhere for live TV, on-demand clips and programs saved on a DVR.
* SURFboard® SBV5422 – This single, reliable modem and cordless phone system enables IP telephony, high-speed data and new cordless phone technology that allows for easy installation, visual voice mail list, network-managed address book and simple e-mail access and SMS message capabilities.
* MPEG-4 Set-Tops – Designed for the cable industry’s preparation to deliver increasing amounts of high-definition (HD) content, the DCX set tops deliver superior HD video, surround-sound audio, content storage and the ability to become a consumer’s multimedia hub in the home.
* CPEi 100 – Serving as the interface between a computer and the WiMAX network and designed to sit on a desktop, the CPEi 100 is a single data port, 2.5 GHz “plug-and-play” WiMAX solution that delivers reliable, wireless broadband Internet connectivity.
In addition to demonstrating its leading solutions at its booth, Motorola is sharing its leadership in driving the convergence necessary for digital lifestyles through a mobile WiMAX demonstration in collaboration with Clearwire and Intel coupled with multiple panelist speaking roles.
For more information, visit http://www.motorola.com/mediacenter.
Motorola is known around the world for innovation and leadership in wireless and broadband communications. Inspired by our vision of seamless mobility, the people of Motorola are committed to helping you connect simply and seamlessly to the people, information and entertainment that you want and need. We do this by designing and delivering “must have” products, “must do” experiences and powerful networks -- along with a full complement of support services. A Fortune 100 company with global presence and impact, Motorola had sales of US $42.8 billion in 2006. For more information about our company, our people and our innovations, please visit http://www.motorola.com.
Certain mobile phone features may not be activated by your service provider, and/or their network settings may limit the feature’s functionality. Contact your service provider for details. All features, functionality and other product specifications are subject to change without notice or obligation.
1The unauthorized copying of copyrighted materials is contrary to the provisions of the Copyright Laws of the United States and other countries. This device is intended solely for copying non-copyrighted materials, materials in which you own the copyright, or materials which you are authorized or legally permitted to copy. If you are uncertain about your right to copy any material, please contact your legal advisor.
MOTOROLA and the Stylized M Logo are registered in the US Patent & Trademark Office. The Bluetooth trademarks are owned by their proprietor and used by Motorola, Inc. under license. All other product or service names are the property of their respective owners. © Motorola, Inc. 2008. All rights reserved.
Onsite at CES
Onsite at CES
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.