Jamie Gorelick Named to Lucent Technologies’ Government Advisory Board
NOVEMBER 14, 2005, Former U.S. Deputy Attorney General joins Lucent’s strategic development body to help focus federal government efforts
WASHINGTON, D.C. — Lucent Technologies (NYSE: LU) today announced that Jamie Gorelick, former United States deputy attorney general, has joined the Lucent Government Advisory Board. The Government Advisory Board is comprised of a diverse group of former senior U.S. government officials and policy makers, who provide Lucent senior leadership with guidance and advice on Lucent’s continued focus on increasing its business in the federal government market.
“We continue to expand the breadth and talent in our advisory board. Jamie Gorelick’s background brings us a tremendous source of knowledge around security issues. This is clearly a growing and dynamic area,” said Rick Miller, president of Government Solutions for Lucent. “Lucent relies on this group of great Americans to provide their incredibly valuable experience and insights into the government marketplace.”
Gorelick currently is a partner in the Washington, D.C.-based law firm, WilmerHale, where she is the co-chair for the National Security and Government Practice and the Public Policy and Strategy Practice. Gorelick has been on numerous government boards and commissions, including as a member of the bipartisan National Commission on Terrorist Attacks Upon the United States (the “9/11 Commission”) and as a member of the CIA’s National Security Advisory Panel. She also served on President Bush’s Review of Intelligence, President Clinton’s Advisory Committee to the Presidential Commission on Critical Infrastructure Protection, which she co-chaired with Sen. Sam Nunn, and many others.
Formed in 2004 to guide Lucent with the strategic development of its growing presence in the federal market, current Lucent Government Advisory Board members include:
* Ruth A. David, president and chief executive officer of ANSER, an independent, not-for-profit, public-service research institution that provides research and analytic support on national and transnational issues.
* John Fairfield, director of the Strategic Business Relationship Team at IBM and retired Air Force Lieutenant general.
* James S. Gilmore, III, former governor of Virginia and currently a practicing attorney at the Washington, D.C.-based firm, Kelley Drye and Warren, where he is chairman of the Homeland Security Practice Group.
* John J. Hamre, former deputy secretary of Defense and current president and chief executive officer of the Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS).
* Tom Ridge, former twice-elected governor of Pennsylvania and first U. S. secretary of Homeland Security.
* William Schneider, Jr., president of International Planning Services, Inc., adjunct fellow of the Hudson Institute and currently chairman of the Defense Science Board in the U.S. Department of Defense.
* John Stenbit recently retired as the assistant secretary of Defense for Command, Control, Communications, and Intelligence (C3I), also served as assistant secretary of Defense of the C3I successor organization, Networks and Information Integration / Department of Defense chief information officer.
* Charles E. Wilhelm is senior advisor for Homeland Security and National Defense at Battelle Science & Technology, International and is a retired four-star Marine Corps general.
For more information regarding Lucent’s Government Advisory Board, visit http://www.lucent.com/gov/advisors.html.
About Lucent Technologies
Lucent Technologies designs and delivers the systems, services and software that drive next-generation communications networks. Backed by Bell Labs research and development, Lucent uses its strengths in mobility, optical, software, data and voice networking technologies, as well as services, to create new revenue-generating opportunities for its customers, while enabling them to quickly deploy and better manage their networks. Lucent’s customer base includes communications service providers, governments and enterprises worldwide. For more information on Lucent Technologies, which has headquarters in Murray Hill, N.J., USA, visit http://www.lucent.com.
- Contact Information
- Wendy Zajack
- Lucent Technologies
- Contact via E-mail
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.