Conveniently Reduce Energy Consumption With Belkin’s Conserve Surge Protector
Featuring a one-touch remote control, Belkin’s energy-saving surge protector lets you easily power off devices when not in use, saving both energy and money
(Compton, CA) . – The new Belkin Conserve is an 8-outlet surge protector that makes it simple to eliminate wasteful standby power to your electronic devices, helping you reduce energy consumption, save money, and lower your overall impact on the environment.
Conserve’s wireless remote control keeps you from having to reach below desks, behind home theater equipment or around furniture to easily access inconvenient places where surge protectors typically sit. With this handy remote control, you can completely shut off the power to devices that consume standby power, such as TVs or computer monitors, when you are done using them. Two “always-on” outlets allow you to leave devices that typically need to stay on, such as set-top boxes or modems.
Standby power, also known as phantom power:
* Is the wasted energy that devices consume while turned off, but still plugged into a power outlet
* Applies to numerous devices such as TVs, computers, computer peripherals, and various other devices, including battery chargers for phones
Conserve Click to download hi-res image
* The California Energy Commission estimates standby power losses in the average household to be as much as 15% of household electricity use
Summer 2008 in North America and UK
Fall 2008 in Europe and Australia
On Display At:
* 2008 International CES, January 7–10, 2008, in Las Vegas at Booth #30368 South Hall
* MacWorld Conference & Expo 2008, January 15-18, 2008, in San Francisco at Booth #911
Conserve (BG108000) – US: $49.99
* Offers 8 surge-protected outlets: 6 “switchable” and 2 “always-on” outlets, allowing users to control energy use easily
* Slim, sleek design blends seamlessly in with today’s modern electronics and appliances
* Control multiple Conserves with a single remote control from virtually anywhere in the house with user-selectable channels
* “Switchable” and “always-on” outlets ideal for home theater or small office/home office
* Comes with a $100,000 Connected Equipment Warranty
Chris McGugan, Vice President of Product Management, Belkin International, Inc.:
* Our Conserve surge protector addresses the issue of standby power, which is increasingly important because of rising energy costs.
* With its convenient remote control, Conserve is a very simple way to help people cut down on both their energy consumption and energy costs.
Click to download Belkin logo (EPS)
About Belkin International, Inc.
Belkin offers a diverse product mix that provides people with seamless electronics integration in their homes, cars, and on the go. Founded in California in 1983, Belkin is a privately held company and the recognized leader in connectivity solutions, in addition to accessories for MP3 devices, computers, and more. We provide extensive solutions for networking, home theater—with our PureAV® line of cables, power, and digital wireless accessories—and many more categories. You can view and purchase them at www.belkin.com, as well as through a network of major distributors, resellers, and superstores.
Belkin’s phenomenal growth has led to our expanding global presence. In addition to corporate headquarters in Los Angeles, we now have offices throughout Europe—in the United Kingdom, the Netherlands, and Germany, among others—and in the Asia Pacific region, including Australia, Shanghai, and our regional headquarters in Hong Kong.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.