Make Free Unlimited Skype™ Calls without a Computer with Belkin’s New Desktop Internet Phone for Skype
With its easy-to-use interface and simple setup, the Desktop Internet Phone makes Skype calls more convenient
(Compton, CA) - Belkin International, Inc., today introduced its new Desktop Internet Phone for Skype, which allows you to make free Skype Internet calls without having to turn on your computer. Simple to setup and easy to use, the new phone brings the Skype experience to more people and at an affordable price.
Desktop Internet Phone for Skype
Click to download hi-res image
March 2008 in the US, Canada, Europe, and Asia
On Display At:
* 2008 International CES, January 7–10, 2008, in Las Vegas at Booth #30368 South Hall
* MacWorld Conference & Expo 2008, January 15-18, 2008, in San Francisco at Booth #911
Desktop Internet Phone for Skype (F1PP010EN-SK) – US: $99.99
* Features speaker, speed dial, call hold/release, call pickup/park, mute, redial, hold, call-timer display, and contact list.
* Contact list supports over 500 sets of Skype and SkypeOut™ contacts
* Automatically logs into Skype after initial login
* Plugs into port on wired/wireless router or a live Ethernet port so you can immediately start making calls
* Supports inexpensive SkypeOut calls to landlines and mobiles anywhere in the world (requires purchase of Skype credit on Skype.com)
* Supports SkypeIn™, a personal and portable Skype number that people can call you on wherever you are in the world (requires purchase of SkypeIn subscription on Skype.com)
Chris McGugan, VP of Product Management for Belkin:
* With over 246 million users, Skype continues to grow in popularity, especially among people looking to save on long-distance calls.
* Adding to our line of Skype Certified hardware, our new Desktop Internet Phone for Skype is making Skype more accessible to more people. Its affordable price and ease of use brings the benefits of Skype to an even broader audience.
Gareth O‘Loughlin, General Manager, Mobile and Hardware Devices, Skype:
* Skype is all about freeing people’s conversations. This includes freeing them from the need to use a computer just to make or answer a Skype call.
* Belkin’s new Desktop Internet Phone helps people do just that.
* Whether you use Skype to call friends, family or business associates, we think you’ll love the familiarity and simplicity of the Skype experience on this new device.
Access to a broadband Internet connection is required for Skype and all Skype Certified devices and accessories. Please note, just as with Skype running on a computer, Skype embedded in a desktop internet phone or other handset is not a replacement for your traditional telephone service and cannot be used for emergency calling.
Skype, SkypeIn, SkypeOut, Skype Me, Skype Certified, Skypecasts, associated logos and the “S” symbol are trademarks of Skype Limited.
Click to download Belkin logo (EPS)
About Belkin International, Inc.
Belkin offers a diverse product mix that provides people with seamless electronics integration in their homes, cars, and on the go. Founded in California in 1983, Belkin is a privately held company and the recognized leader in connectivity solutions, in addition to accessories for iPod® devices, computers, and more. We provide extensive solutions for networking, home theater—with our PureAV® line of cables, power, and digital wireless accessories—and many more categories. You can view and purchase them at www.belkin.com, as well as through a network of major distributors, resellers, and superstores.
Belkin’s phenomenal growth has led to our expanding global presence. In addition to corporate headquarters in Los Angeles, we now have offices throughout Europe—in the United Kingdom, the Netherlands, and Germany, among others—and in the Asia Pacific region, including Australia, Shanghai, and our regional headquarters in Hong Kong.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.