Hillary Clinton’s Top 15 Fashionable (and Not So Fashionable!) Moments of 2007
San Francisco, CA - In honor of Sen. Hillary Clinton’s recent presidential primary style makeover, Hillary Style -- http://hillarystyle.blogspot.com -- has compiled a list of her best (and worst) fashion moments of 2007:
1. Hillary gets fashion advice from Donatella Versace: “I would suggest her not to do too many suits, because they make her look hard,” Versace tells Lauren Collins of The New Yorker. “Little dresses, not too stiff. There would be some jersey dresses, not too light, but I think she needs big colors because she’s a blonde like I am.”
2. Hillary shows some cleavage on C-Span while wearing a rose-colored blazer over a black top. The neckline sat low on her chest and had a subtle V-shape, giving the world a small preview of “the girls.”
3. Clinton’s myriad of hairstyles over the years is scrutinized in The Extreme Makeover of Hillary (Rodham) Clinton, with a page of photographs documenting the evolution of Clinton’s coiffure. (The captions to the different snapshots of Hillary’s hairdos read “a) ‘I’m serious.’ b) ‘I’m nice.’ c) ‘I’m Lady Di.’ d) ‘I’m smart.’ e) ‘I’m French.’ ”)
4. In an attempt to crack down on designer counterfeiting, Hillary sponsors a bill that would require designers to register garments with the U.S. copyright office.
5. Hillary backs out of a Vogue fashion shoot with photographer Annie Leibovitz citing a problem with the double standards between the message of a men’s magazine vs. a women’s magazine.
6. Bravo network’s Tim Gunn criticizes Hillary’s style by saying, “Can I just tell you a presidential candidate who’s disappointing me? Hillary Clinton. The fashion trajectory that I thought she was beginning as First Lady, I wish that that had continued. I just find her uniform to be, forgive me, kind of a crashing bore. I wish she would step it up a notch.”
7. The TIMES of London starts ’The Ugliest Month’ with a full page on Hillary Clinton and her personal assistant.
8. MSNBC host Chris Matthews compares Hillary to Grace Kelly and talks about her “demure, ladylike” demeanor.
9. Hillary Rodham Clinton is top choice when people asked which major 2008 presidential candidate would make the scariest Halloween costume.
10. Elle Magazine backs Hillary Clinton for president saying, “What’s wrong with putting the thumb on the scales for a Democratic woman, all else being equal? ...Hillary has stood up for women’s rights for 40 years.”
11. Internet gossip Matt Drudge displays an unflattering photo of Hillary above the headline “The Toll of a Campaign” sparking a wave of conservative Hillary “beauty bashing.”
12. Kate Michael, 25, a Senate staffer -- says Washington’s evolution from stuffy to chic is rooted in the emergence of the feminine side of politics -- including Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton (D-N.Y.) running for president.
13. Hillary Clinton reportedly eyes soccer star and Calvin Klein underwear model, David Beckam, to appear in campaign t.v. shots.
14. Pierce Mattie announces Hillary Clinton Couture at Mercedes Benz Fashion Week.
15. Hillary beats Oprah as “Most Admired Woman In America” for sixth consecutive year according to USA Today Gallup Poll.
- Contact Information
- Jill Sherman
- Writer & Trendocrat
- Hillary Style
- Contact via E-mail
This news content may be integrated into any legitimate news gathering and publishing effort. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.