Belkin TuneStudio for iPod and SportCommand for iPod Win iF Product Design Awards
Belkin International, Inc. has been honored with two iF Product Design Awards in the Audio/Video category for its TuneStudio for iPod and SportCommand for iPod.
Over 2500 entries were judged on design quality, ageworkmanship, choice of materials, degree of innovation, environmental friendliness, functionality, ergonomics, visualization of use, safety, brand value, branding and universal design.
Sponsored by the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA) and endorsed by the Industrial Designers Society of America (IDSA), the Innovations Design and Engineering Awards highlight product advancements in technology design and engineering. All entries were judged by a preeminent panel of independent industrial designers, independent engineers, and members of the trade press.
TuneStudio for iPod (F8Z109) - $399.99
TuneStudio is the first 4-channel audio mixer that lets you create high-quality digital recordings directly onto your iPod.
* Records directly to iPod in 16-bit, 44kHz quality
* Streams audio through built-in USB interface to and from a PC or Mac computer
* Each channel is equipped with 3-band EQ, pan and level controls
* Phantom-power-enabled XLR inputs provide up to 60 dB of microphone gain
* High-quality stereo compressor with makeup gain enhances audio dynamics and keeps audio levels within recording limits of the iPod
SportCommand for iPod (F8Z076) - $79.99
SportCommand for iPod lets you wirelessly control your music while your iPod stays protected. Strap the fabric remote to your arm, store your iPod in your backpack or jacket, and then listen to all your jams while you snowboard or bike.
* Prevents rips and malfunctions from exposure to the elements with durable, flexible design
* Works through walls, backpacks, and jackets. Features big buttons for easy control—even with gloved hands
* Secures to your arm, leg, belt, or another strap with tough neoprene and VELCRO® closure strap
For additional information on the iF awards, please visit http://www.ifdesign.de.
Thorben Neu and Oliver Duncan-Seil, Design Directors for Belkin International, Inc.:
* TuneStudio and SportCommand were born out of our own passions, the passion for snowboarding and being able to listen to the iPod while doing so, and the passion for music and being able to record it on the iPod.
* We are honored and appreciative of iF’s recognition for these two products. The iF design awards are among the world’s most coveted, and we are proud to have been selected this year.
iPod and Mac are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
About Belkin International, Inc.
Belkin offers a diverse product mix that provides people with seamless electronics integration in their homes, cars, and on the go. Founded in California in 1983, Belkin is a privately held company and the recognized leader in connectivity solutions, in addition to accessories for iPod® devices, computers, and more. We provide extensive solutions for networking, home theater—with our PureAV® line of cables, power, and digital wireless accessories—and many more categories. You can view and purchase them at www.belkin.com, as well as through a network of major distributors, resellers, and superstores.
Belkin’s phenomenal growth has led to our expanding global presence. In addition to corporate headquarters in Los Angeles, we now have offices throughout Europe—in the United Kingdom, the Netherlands, and Germany, among others—and in the Asia Pacific region, including Australia, Shanghai, and our regional headquarters in Hong Kong.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.