UPSís Brown Sleighs Gear Up For Busiest Week
UPS (NYSE:UPS) today begins its busiest week of the year for package deliveries, with a crescendo expected on Wednesday when more than 22 million packages will be delivered on that one day worldwide.
For the Brown ďsleighsĒ helping Santa, thatís more than 250 deliveries every second.
The nimbleness of the UPS global package delivery network enables the company to easily accommodate these annual spikes in package volume.
Other key facts that describe the enormity of the UPS holiday push:
* While Wednesday, Dec. 19, is the busiest day for deliveries of all packages, Friday, Dec. 21, is the busiest day for deliveries of UPS air express packages. UPS will deliver 5.6 million air packages on that day globally - more than two-and-a-half times the normal daily volume.
* UPS expects more than 150 million online package tracking requests during this week and nearly 32 million on Wednesday, Dec. 19, alone.
* UPS once again has become one of the holiday seasonís top employers of choice, having added roughly 60,000 seasonal employees.
* UPSís ground fleet of 94,542 package cars, vans, and tractors has expanded by approximately 7,000 vehicles.
* UPS Airlines, the ninth largest in the world, is adding 423 more flights per day during this week than an average day.
* Attention procrastinators: UPS will accept Next Day Airģ packages on Friday, Dec. 21, for delivery on Monday, Dec. 24, well in time for the big day.
For more information about UPS and the holiday season, visit www.UPS.com/holiday.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.