Boost for the "Bosch Exchange" spare-parts program Bosch plans to acquire Holger Christiansen A/S 112 million euros sales, some 900 associates
· Bosch Automotive Aftermarket division expanding its business with remanufactured starters and alternators
· Addition to automotive electrics spare parts program
STUTTGART – The Bosch Group intends to acquire Holger Christiansen A/S – a remanufacturer of starters and alternators, as well as a dealer in automotive electrics spare parts – together with all its subsidiaries and the HC Parts and Cargo brands. The company is currently owned by Hella KGaA Hueck & Co. Holger Christiansen A/S had sales of 112 million euros in fiscal year 2006/2007, and employs some 900 associates at four manufacturing sites in Denmark, Germany, Slovakia, and the Ukraine, as well as at eight sales locations – seven in Europe and one in the United States. It has been agreed that the purchase price will not be disclosed. The transaction is subject to approval by the antitrust authorities.
“We want to further bolster Bosch’s position as the leading supplier of remanufactured auto parts for the automotive aftermarket. We especially want to strengthen the key area of starters and alternators,” said Peter Tyroller, member of the Bosch board of management responsible for OE sales and the Automotive Aftermarket division. With this acquisition, Bosch is strengthening its position as a remanufacturer of starters and alternators, and is extending its product segment of automotive electrics spare parts for the automotive aftermarket. With these activities, Bosch takes also special account of its social responsibility for protecting the environment and conserving resources.
Holger Christiansen A/S was established in 1963, and has been wholly owned by Hella KGaA Hueck & Co. since 1998. If the acquisition goes ahead, it will be integrated into the Bosch Automotive Aftermarket division.
The Bosch Group is a leading global supplier of technology and services. In the areas of automotive and industrial technology, consumer goods, and building technology, some 260,000 associates generated sales of 43.7 billion euros in fiscal 2006. The Bosch Group comprises Robert Bosch GmbH and its roughly 300 subsidiary and regional companies in over 50 countries. This worldwide development, manufacturing, and sales network is the foundation for further growth. Bosch spends more than three billion euros each year for research and development, and in 2006 applied for over 3,000 patents worldwide. The company was set up in Stuttgart in 1886 by Robert Bosch (1861-1942) as “Workshop for Precision Mechanics and Electrical Engineering.”
The special ownership structure of Robert Bosch GmbH guarantees the entrepreneurial freedom of the Bosch Group, making it possible for the company to plan over the long term and to undertake significant up-front investments in the safeguarding of its future. Ninety-two percent of the share capital of Robert Bosch GmbH is held by Robert Bosch Stiftung GmbH, a charitable foundation. The majority of voting rights are held by Robert Bosch Industrietreuhand KG, an industrial trust. The entrepreneurial ownership functions are carried out by the trust. The remaining shares are held by the Bosch family and by Robert Bosch GmbH.
Additional information can be accessed at www.bosch.com.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.