MetaCarta Introduces NewsMap Service for Online News Publishers - Reuters.com Using MetaCarta to Display News on Maps
MetaCarta®, Inc., the leading provider of geographic search and referencing solutions, today announced MetaCarta NewsMap service, a new hosted service that allows online media outlets to display maps that show the places mentioned in their news stories. Users and businesses, such as financial institutions, media organization and corporate entities, can now quickly visualize breaking news, based on where it is happening, and anticipate how news events will impact financial and business markets. MetaCarta NewsMap draws users back to the publisher’s site for repeat visits, substantially increasing user frequency and page views metrics, enabling publishers to better capture advertising dollars and maximize advertising rates.
“For users, a NewsMap is an interesting way to see where the news is happening and to visually drill down to the places in which they are interested. For publishers, a NewsMap provides a great way to highlight content in a visually interesting and interactive manner, and provides another vehicle to repurpose valuable content assets,” said Rick Hutton, Vice President of Content Services at MetaCarta.
Features of MetaCarta NewsMap service include:
* Information Visualization – At a glance, users can see where the news is happening.
* Interactive Interface - Users can easily pan or zoom the map to locate areas of interest and identify associated stories.
* Users Choose What Is Important – NewsMap empowers users to read news that interests them.
* Creates Additional Ad Inventory – NewsMap create new advertising and sponsorship opportunities.
* Increase Page Views - Encourages readership and leads to repeat visits.
* Supports Popular Map Servers - Including Google Maps, Yahoo Maps, Microsoft Virtual Earth Maps and OpenLayers.
* Hosted Solution – MetaCarta’s Data & Software-as-a-Service (DSaaS) model offers rapid implementation and on-demand scalability.
MetaCarta, Inc., is the leading provider of geographic search and referencing solutions. MetaCarta products make data and unstructured content “location-aware” making that information geographically relevant. Using a map interface, these innovative solutions make it possible for customers to discover, visualize, and act on important location-based information. Founded by a team of MIT researchers in 2001, MetaCarta is privately held, with US headquarters in Cambridge, Massachusetts and offices in Vienna, Virginia and Houston, Texas and resellers worldwide. For more information, please visit http://www.metacarta.com MetaCarta Resource Center.
MetaCarta is a trademark of MetaCarta, Incorporated. All other product or corporate references may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.