AT&T Introduces U-verse in St. Louis
St. Louis Customers Have a New Choice in Television
High Definition Programming and Other Compelling Features Make AT&T U-verse TV ’Cooler Than Cable’
A new world of communications and entertainment is now available to residents in the St. Louis area. AT&T Inc. (NYSE:T) has announced the launch of AT&T U-verseSM in parts of local communities, including the City of St. Louis, Ballwin, Bridgeton, Chesterfield, Clayton, Creve Coeur, Florissant, Kirkwood, Maryland Heights, Mehlville, Oakville, Olivette, Sappington, Shrewsbury, St. Charles, St. Peters, University City and Webster Groves. AT&T will continue to increase U-verse availability throughout the area on an ongoing basis.
AT&T U-verse uses AT&T’s new fiber-rich network to offer cutting-edge television and high speed Internet services. AT&T is the only national provider to offer a 100 percent Internet Protocol (IP)-based television service, making U-verse TV “cooler than cable” and one of the most robust and feature-rich services available today.
AT&T U-verse offers customers a combination of next-generation digital television — including access to more than 30 High Definition (HD) channels — and high speed Internet access. The award-winning AT&T U-verse TV includes cutting-edge features that are unmatched in the market, and the new U-verse enabled AT&T Yahoo! High Speed Internet builds on AT&T’s position as the nation’s leading broadband provider.
“We’re thrilled that St. Louis consumers now have a new and better video choice that’s cooler than cable,” said Brad Brown, AT&T vice president and general manager for St. Louis. “With AT&T U-verse, we offer unmatched features, more HD, great value — and the content that customers want, like NFL Network.”
Where available, AT&T U-verse TV will offer St. Louis customers:
* A compelling variety of TV packages with up to 320 channels to choose from, including digital music, local, movie and sports programming, as well as premium Spanish-language and international packages. Most programming packages include up to three HD-capable receivers — one with a digital video recorder (DVR), which allows customers to pause, rewind, replay and record live TV — at no extra charge. (Customers may add more receivers for $5 each a month.)
* More HD programming than the local cable providers. HD technology produces images more than twice as detailed as standard analog TV and delivers rich, realistic video and multichannel, movie-theater-quality sound. AT&T U-verse TV offers customers access to a lineup of more than 30 HD channels, available in both 720p and 1080i formats, along with HD DVR capability. Access to HD service is $10 a month with any U-verse TV package.
* AT&T Yahoo! Web and Mobile Remote Access to DVR, which allows U-verse TV and Internet customers to schedule recordings from any Web-connected PC or compatible AT&T mobile phone (wireless service charges apply) by using their AT&T Yahoo! account. These features are unique to AT&T among local video providers.
* The ability to record up to four programs at once using a DVR (up to four standard definition programs or one HD and three standard definition programs). This capability is another exclusive feature unmatched in the marketplace.
* AT&T U-bar, which brings customizable weather, stock, sports and traffic information to the TV screen. Customers who also subscribe to AT&T Yahoo! High Speed Internet have the option to personalize the U-bar from their AT&T Yahoo! home page to display weather at a specified location, their personal stock portfolio and scores for their favorite sports teams.
* . YELLOWPAGES.COM TV, an intuitive new way to search for local businesses and other information via AT&T U-verse TV.
* AT&T Yahoo! Games, available on the television screen, including Sudoku, Solitaire, JT’s Blocks, Mah-jongg Tiles and Chess.
* Built-in Picture-in-Picture functionality that allows subscribers to channel-surf on any television without leaving the program they’re watching.
* A growing Video on Demand (VOD) library with one-touch access to movies and events.
* The ability to search for programs using the title or an actor’s name to receive real-time, relevant results from upcoming linear or VOD programs.
* Easy-to-use parental controls to block live programs, recorded programs or videos by specific channel or ratings.
* Specially designed U-verse receivers, manufactured by Motorola, all of which are HD-capable and include universal remote controls that provide backlit buttons and one-touch access to VOD and other features.
AT&T plans to add more channels and interactive applications in the future.
Customers can choose from multiple combinations of TV and Internet packages to customize their entertainment experience. In addition to U100, U200 and the popular U300 and U400 packages, AT&T also offers U-family, a market-leading family-friendly programming option. Current AT&T U-verse TV offers start at $44 a month, depending on the selected programming and Internet packages (other monthly charges apply).
Now and until Jan. 31, 2008, new customers can join AT&T U-verse and receive their choice of free HD service for a year, $100 cash back redemption or one month of free TV service when they order U200, U300 or U400 by phone. Customers who order one of those packages online will receive $100 cash back redemption and one month of free TV service. AT&T is also offering new customers a 30-day money-back guarantee and professional installation.
Three packages of U-verse enabled AT&T Yahoo! High Speed Internet are featured for AT&T U-verse customers:
* Elite: Downstream speeds up to 6.0 Mbps, upstream speeds up to 1.0 Mbps.
* Pro: Downstream speeds up to 3.0 Mbps, upstream speeds up to 1.0 Mbps.
* Express: Downstream speeds up to 1.5 Mbps, upstream speeds up to 1.0 Mbps.
All high speed Internet packages offered as part of AT&T U-verse include wireless home-networking at no additional charge, giving users the freedom to access online photos, streaming video, games and other information using a wireless-enabled laptop or other device. Subscribers also receive virtually unlimited e-mail storage and powerful anti-virus and anti-spam software.
The introduction of AT&T U-verse services in Missouri follows progressive legislation passed in March 2007 by the Missouri General Assembly and signed by Gov. Matt Blunt.
The deployment of next-generation video services, including AT&T U-verse TV and AT&T HomezoneSM, reflects AT&T’s strategy to connect people with their world, everywhere they live and work, and do it better than anyone else. Through AT&T U-verse TV and the company’s 100 percent IP-platform, AT&T will deliver integrated services to the three screens that consumers value most: the TV, the PC and the wireless phone.
Customers seeking additional information on AT&T U-verse — or to find out if it’s available in their area — can visit uverse.att.com or stop by any St. Louis area AT&T store and select Shop ’n Save locations.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.