Citibank Announces Remittance Service to Mexico with No Transfer Fees
Send money home for the holidays and also help flood victims in Tabasco and Chiapas by contributing to a special Banamex account using Citibank® Global Transfers!
New York – Today Citibank announced it is waiving transfer fees on its remittance service to Mexico - just in time for the holidays. Now, clients can visit any Citibank Financial Center and Citibank ATM and send money back home to family and friends living in Mexico using Citibank® Global Transfers (CGTs).
“Citibank’s no transfer fee remittance service to Mexico is a great example of how Citi leverages its global reach and innovative financial solutions to meet the financial needs of our clients – at home and abroad,” said Peter Knitzer, Chairman & CEO Citibank. “This is another example of Citibank and Banamex working together to build bridges between the Mexican community in the United States and their friends and relatives living in Mexico.”
The no transfer fee remittance service allows Citibank customers in the United States to send up to $3,000 per business day to Mexico. This service has NO transfer fee, and funds are available immediately either in a Banamex account or to be picked up in cash at any Banamex branch.
Also, customers can use this remittance service to help flood victims in Tabasco and Chiapas by sending donations to a specially created Banamex account: input account 0100120, select the amount you would like to send (up to $3,000 USD), and input recipient “Fomento Social Banamex”.
Clients must have a Citibank account. If you do not have an account with Citibank and would like to take advantage of this great service, the solution is easy: open an Access Account with Citibank or the account most appropriate for you. The Access Account is designed for individuals who may have never had a bank account or who wish to have an account that is inexpensive, easy to open and manage.
The Access account offers a wide variety of Citibank’s services, such as statements in Spanish, online banking in Spanish and free financial education seminars in Spanish.
With this remittance service, Citibank and Banamex will help the Mexican community access financial services both in the United States and in Mexico. Clients have access to a wide variety of financial products, such as checking and savings accounts, secured credit cards, loans and other financial solutions.
The Access Account was developed as part of Citibank’s ongoing commitment to provide the best in class products and services to the Hispanic community. For over 120 years, Citibank has had operations in Mexico with our partner Banamex and continues to work with the Mexican community to provide an inexpensive, easy, and convenient way to remit funds from the United States to Mexico.
Principal features of the Citibank Access Account are:
* A checkless (transaction) account, so no paper checks to worry about.
* No minimum balance requirements to open or maintain the account.
* Acceptance of the Mexican matrícula consular and Mexican Voter’s Registration Card (Credencial del IFE), the Cedula de Identidad Ecuatoriana, and the Colombian and Guatemalan matrícula consular as valid forms of identification.
* Simple and affordable: Low monthly maintenance fee of $3.00, waived with monthly direct deposit such as salary, Social Security or entitlement funds.
* Unlimited free use of Citibank’s ATM network. Citiphone Banking services 24/7.
* Citibank Banking Cards available (ATM or MasterCard debit) can be used without transaction fees at affiliated establishments around the world.
* Free unlimited online banking, in English or Spanish, through which a wide variety of operations may be conducted, including transfers between accounts, unlimited bill payments and viewing account balances.
* Overdraft protection for qualifying accounts.
* Opportunity to apply for a range of Citibank services, such as a secured credit card.
* A complimentary Citipro financial needs analysis.
* Statements in Spanish.
* Free Financial Education Seminars (English and Spanish).
Please visit www.citibank.com or www.citibank.com/espanol or stop by the nearest Citibank Financial Center to learn more about our Remittance program and Access Account or call 1-877-REMIT-33 for additional information.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.