Alcatel’s advanced signaling solutions at the 5th EurailSpeed Congress and Exhibition on High Speed Rail in Milano, Italy
Milano, November 4, 2005 - Alcatel (Paris: CGEP.PA and NYSE: ALA) is participating in EurailSpeed 2005, the 5th World Congress & Exhibition on High Speed Rail, taking place in Milano/Italy, from November 7th to 9th.
At EurailSpeed 2005, Alcatel will focus on its innovative AlTrac solutions for European railway interoperability. As the first in the world to have deployed a commercial European Train Control System (ETCS), Alcatel recently inaugurated the first ETCS cross-border mainline between Vienna and Budapest. This strengthens Alcatel’s position as as the leading worldwide supplier of signaling and integrated rail communication solutions for main line and urban rail and number one on the ETCS market.
Alcatel will also demonstrate additional signaling solutions:
- 6613 NetTrac Advanced Railway Management and Information System (ARAMIS) for supervision, control and disposition of railway networks. Aramis will be demonstrated via a live connection to Deutsche Bahn’s Traffic Control Center in Frankfurt/Germany.
- 6171 LockTrac PC-based Interlocking System (PIPC): an innovative electronic system using PC technology to ensure a high level of safety and to reduce operational manpower.
- The microprocessor-based Alcatel 6315 FieldTrac multiple section Axle counters (Az LM), which can evaluate and monitor up to 32 detection points and sections simultaneously.
· The Alcatel booth is located in Pavilion 17 (Ground Floor), number C0140.
· Session on November 8th (3-4.30PM): “ETCS Interoperability - A Supplier’s Point of View”, by Joachim Janle, Director Sales International Business of Alcatel’s transport activities in Germany
About Alcatel’s Railway Solutions
To meet the challenge of increased mobility, Alcatel offers a host of advanced railway solutions that ensure safe, reliable and comfortable transportation of passengers and freight through the network. Drawing on wide international experience in all aspects of transport automation and network integration and services, Alcatel is a leading worldwide supplier for signaling - train control, train routing, control centers - and integrated communications solutions to carry and distribute voice, data and video to and from all sites of urban and main line rail. Whether enhancing, renewing or building new lines, Alcatel is an ideal partner to address the operational needs of main line and urban rail operators.
Alcatel provides communications solutions to telecommunication carriers, Internet service providers and enterprises for delivery of voice, data and video applications to their customers or employees. Alcatel brings its leading position in fixed and mobile broadband networks; applications and services, to help its partners and customers build a user-centric broadband world. With sales of EURO 12.3 billion and 56,000 employees in 2004, Alcatel operates in more than 130 countries.
- Contact Information
- Aurélie Boutin-Guezennec
- Paris Hq Corporate Press Department
- Contact via E-mail
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.