Multiven Releases “Multiven Dossier - The Software Files: Exposing Decades of Malpractices in the Networking Industry”
Palo Alto, CA – November 14, 2007 – Multiven, – the global leader in premium multivendor IP network maintenance services today released the first installment of the Multiven Dossier titled “The Software Files: Exposing Decades of Malpractices in the Networking Industry”.
Multiven Dossier explores decades of industry unethical and fraudulent behavior perpetrated by network equipment manufacturers. The Software Files examine and demystify malpractices that impact millions of enterprise customers worldwide.
“The core reason why these malpractices have gone unchecked for several years is due to the lack of objective customer advocacy oversight in the network equipment manufacturing industry,” said Peter Alfred-Adekeye, CEO of Multiven and author of the Software Files. “Multiven dossier hopes to fill this void by providing on-going checks and balances in the industry globally, with the aim of demystifying, educating and effecting appropriate corrective actions”.
The perpetrated malpractices exposed in the dossier include:
• 90-day warranty for software: though the 90-day timeframe is clearly inappropriate for testing thousands of features in the code, customers who report software defects after this period are declined bug fixes.
• Mandatory maintenance contract for bug fixes: customers who turn down manufacturers service contracts at the point of sale are denied basic software bug fixes unless they pay exorbitant one-time fees.
• Non-transferable software licenses: networking equipment operating system software licenses are non-transferable. Recipients who buy pre-owned equipment are forced to re-pay a fee for the license.
• Denial of product documentation for new equipment: some manufacturers deny customers access to basic product documentation, software super-user levels and access to the product software interface for configuration purposes.
In addition to exposing the aforementioned industry malpractices, the Software Files propose a list of comprehensive solutions.
For more information:
• View the full dossier at www.multiven.com/dossier.php.
• Download a pdf copy from www.multiven.com/PDF/Multiven_Dossier.pdf.
• Join the blog conversation at www.multiven.wordpress.com.
Headquartered in Palo Alto, California, Multiven provides premium multivendor IP network services that maximize network infrastructure investments for businesses of all sizes. Our customers enjoy vendor-neutral Trusted-Advisor consultations, increased network availability and a reduced network maintenance and capital expenditure. Multiven’s customers include small and medium businesses, network service providers and fortune 500 enterprises.
- Contact Information
- Delya Baker
- Contact via E-mail
This news content may be integrated into any legitimate news gathering and publishing effort. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.