Homeowners facing foreclosure can earn money while downsizing
Wayne, PA- November 8, 2007—According to the Center for Responsible Learning (www.responsiblelending.org), “Foreclosures, particularly on subprime home loans, continue to rise. We project that subprime mortgages made in recent years will ultimately result in the loss of a home for 2.2 million families.”
As a result, homeowners facing foreclosure may need to downsize to an apartment or smaller home while also facing a financial crunch. Many turn to eBay and other auction websites to sell furniture and other large items to potential buyers around the country, which means those items need to be shipped long distance.
“We’ve seen a marked increase in requests to ship furniture and other large household items long-distance,” confirms Christopher L. Smith of Transit Systems, Inc, a nationwide shipping and moving services specialist headquartered outside Philadelphia (www.transitsystems.com). He offers several tips to sellers.
• Make it clear in your listing that the buyer will be responsible for shipping costs.
• Offer shipping options. Items can be shipped by freight service or handled by a small move specialist.
• Freight service costs less, but items must be professionally boxed or crated (otherwise they WILL be damaged) and that increases the total price. There are a number of companies that crate large items and arrange shipping as well.
• A small move specialist will charge more for shipping, but will blanket wrap items to eliminate the need for boxing or crating. The final price will usually be about the same as freight service.
• Get free estimates for each transport method and include them in the listing. Buyers will have an idea of shipping costs up front. But leave final arrangements —and credit card payment — to the buyer.
Foreclosure is a devastating event. But the sooner the recovery starts, the better. And generating revenue from the misfortune is a good way to begin.
TSI is a nationwide provider of small moves, less-than-truckload shipping services and local moves to consumers and small businesses. In business for over 18 years, TSI is licensed by the Department of Transportation and is an Approved Vendor for The UPS Store® and Mail Boxes Etc.® centers.
- Contact Information
- Heather Hukow
- Marketing Coordinator
- Transit Systems, Inc.
- Contact via E-mail
This news content may be integrated into any legitimate news gathering and publishing effort. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.