Oracle Introduces the Application Integration Architecture for SAP Initiative; Enabling SAP Customers to Unify Enterprise Applications
ORACLE OPENWORLD, SAN FRANCISCO, CA
* Oracle today unveiled the Oracle(r) Application Integration Architecture for SAP initiative, which is intended to extend Oracle’s application integration offering to joint Oracle / SAP customers and provide them a standards-based method to unify their enterprise applications and rapidly adopt a Service-Oriented Architecture.
* More than 30 percent of SAP customers use Oracle Applications to manage their mission critical processes, and the Oracle Application Integration Architecture for SAP initiative will allow them to build sustainable composite business process across Oracle, SAP and other third-party applications.
* The Oracle Application Integration Architecture, which is based on the leading Oracle Fusion Middleware SOA Suite, provides Enterprise Business Objects and Services to create common business semantics and data attributes that support cross-application integration for key operational processes such as order to cash, new product introduction and general ledger financial consolidation.
* Today, Oracle provides a number of pre-built integration packs that help reduce the time and effort associated with integrating its market leading CRM, transportation management and product lifecycle management applications to SAP’s legacy ERP applications.
* In 2008 Oracle plans to deliver pre-built Process Integration Packs to support key business flows for the consumer packaged goods, process and high-tech manufacturing industries. Examples of the planned Process Integration Packs include product and item mastering, order-to-cash, transportation management and financial consolidation.
Extensive Application Integrations Currently Available for Oracle/SAP Customers
* Using Oracle’s open, standards-based architecture, the following are examples of the Oracle to SAP pre built integrations currently available, which reduce the time to deploy key cross-application business processes:
* Siebel CRM to SAP
* Agile PLM to SAP
* Hyperion to SAP
* Oracle Utilities to SAP
* Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management to SAP
* PeopleSoft HR to SAP
* “Oracle and SAP share the same customers, and we are pleased to offer a standards-based approach to building composite applications and pre-built integrations for key industries. Oracle Application Integration Architecture for SAP extends the leadership we’ve demonstrated in delivering on the promise of a Service Oriented Architecture and re-enforces our commitment to maximizing value from Oracle’s existing product lines,” said Ed Abbo, Senior Vice President, Applications Development, Oracle.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.