AT&T Introduces U-verse in Austin
Austin Customers Have a New Choice in Television
High Definition Programming and Other Compelling Features Make AT&T U-verse TV ’Cooler Than Cable’
Austin, Texas.-A new world of communications and entertainment is now available to residents in the Austin area. AT&T Inc. (NYSE:T) has announced the launch of AT&T U-verseSM in parts of local communities, including Austin, Pflugerville, and Round Rock. AT&T is now taking orders for the service and will begin installing services for new customers on Nov. 19.
AT&T U-verse uses AT&T’s new fiber-rich network to offer cutting-edge television and high speed Internet services. AT&T is the only national provider to offer a 100 percent Internet Protocol (IP)-based television service, making U-verse TV “cooler than cable” and one of the most robust and feature-rich services available today.
AT&T U-verse offers customers a combination of next-generation digital television — including access to more than 30 High Definition (HD) channels — and high speed Internet access. The award-winning AT&T U-verse TV includes cutting-edge features that are unmatched in the market, and the new U-verse enabled AT&T Yahoo! High Speed Internet builds on AT&T’s position as the nation’s leading provider of broadband DSL.
AT&T will continue to increase U-verse availability throughout the area on an ongoing basis.
“We know that Central Texans have been eagerly awaiting AT&T U-verse, and we’re just as excited to bring them a new and better video choice,” said Adrian Cardwell, Austin market manager for AT&T. “Now our customers can find out for themselves why we say U-verse TV is beyond cable and beyond expectations.”
Where available, AT&T U-verse TV will offer Austin customers:
* A compelling variety of TV packages with more than 320 channels to choose from, including digital music, local, movie and sports programming, as well as premium Spanish-language and international packages. Most programming packages include up to three HD-capable receivers — one with a digital video recorder (DVR) that allows customers to pause, rewind, replay and record live TV — at no extra charge. (Customers may add more receivers for $5 each a month.)
* More HD programming than the local cable providers. HD technology produces images more than twice as detailed as standard analog TV and delivers rich, realistic video and multi-channel, movie-theater-quality sound. AT&T U-verse TV offers customers access to a lineup of more than 30 HD channels, available in both 720p and 1080i formats, along with HD DVR capability. Access to HD service is $10 a month with any U-verse TV package.
* AT&T Yahoo! Web and Mobile Remote Access to DVR, which allows U-verse TV and Internet customers to schedule recordings from any Web-connected PC or compatible AT&T mobile phone (wireless service charges apply) by using their AT&T Yahoo! account. These features are unique to AT&T among local video providers.
* The ability to record up to four programs at once using a DVR receiver. This capability is another exclusive feature unmatched in the marketplace.
* Built-in Picture-in-Picture functionality that allows subscribers to channel-surf on any television without leaving the program they’re watching.
* Fast channel-changing, reducing the delay experienced with other digital video services.
* A growing Video on Demand (VOD) library with one-touch access to movies and events.
* The ability to search for programs using the title or an actor’s name to receive real-time, relevant results from upcoming linear or VOD programs.
* Easy-to-use parental controls to block live programs, recorded programs or videos by specific channel or ratings.
* Specially designed U-verse receivers, manufactured by Motorola, all of which are HD-capable and include universal remote controls that provide backlit buttons and one-touch access to VOD and other features.
AT&T plans to add more channels and interactive applications in the future.
Customers can choose from multiple combinations of TV and Internet packages to customize their entertainment experience. In addition to U100, U200 and the popular U300 and U400 packages, AT&T also offers U-family, a market-leading family-friendly programming option. Current AT&T U-verse TV offers start at $44 a month, depending on the selected programming and Internet packages (other monthly charges apply).
Now and until Jan. 31, new customers can join AT&T U-verse and receive their choice of free HD service for a year, $100 cash back, or one month of free TV service when they order U200, U300 or U400 by phone. Customers who order one of those packages online will receive $100 cash back and one month of free TV service. Thereafter, customers will continue to receive regular recurring monthly discounts on their U-verse package when they subscribe to a bundle of TV and Internet services. AT&T is also offering new customers a 30-day money-back guarantee and professional installation.
Three packages of U-verse enabled AT&T Yahoo! High Speed Internet are featured for AT&T U-verse customers:
* Elite: Downstream up to 6.0 Mbps, upstream up to 1.0 Mbps.
* Pro: Downstream up to 3.0 Mbps, upstream up to 1.0 Mbps.
* Express: Downstream up to 1.5 Mbps, upstream up to 1.0 Mbps.
All high speed Internet packages offered as part of AT&T U-verse include wireless home-networking at no additional charge, giving users the freedom to access online photos, streaming video, games and other information using a wireless-enabled laptop or other device. Subscribers also receive virtually unlimited e-mail storage and powerful anti-virus and anti-spam software.
Texas was the first state in which AT&T U-verse services were deployed, thanks to progressive legislation passed in September 2005 by the Texas Legislature and signed by Gov. Rick Perry.
The deployment of next-generation video services reflects AT&T’s strategy to become customers’ preferred communications and entertainment provider and to deliver a video solution that provides greater value, flexibility and simplicity than competitors’ offerings. AT&T U-verse TV represents a critical new service in the company’s video portfolio, which includes AT&T HomezoneSM service and satellite broadcast offerings. AT&T U-verse TV also underscores the company’s strategy to deliver integrated services to the three screens that consumers value most: the TV, the PC and the wireless phone.
Customers seeking additional information on AT&T U-verse — or to find out if it’s available in their area — can visit http://uverse.att.com.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.