"We’ll pick up the tab," Chase tells customers
An estimated 50,000 debit-card purchases will be free during holiday promotion
CHICAGO.- Just in time for the holiday shopping season, Chase this week announced “Chase Picks Up the Tab,” a promotion that is expected to make an estimated 50,000 purchases free for Chase debit card users. That’s because Chase will pick up the cost for every 500th debit card purchase made without using a PIN up to $500 during November and December. “We’ll pay, whether it’s a Nintendo Wii system, a turkey with all the trimmings, a plane ticket to get to Grandma’s, or just coffee and a doughnut,” said Ryan McInerney, head of marketing of Chase’s Consumer Bank. “It’s a great holiday treat for our customers and a great reason for them to use their Chase debit card.”
Chase’s 10 million checking account customers simply need to enroll in the program and start making purchases with their Chase debit card without using a PIN. And if a winning purchase is less than $5, jolly old Chase will open its pack and increase the payoff to an even $5. Within 24 hours of their purchase, winning consumers will receive notice of this holiday present from Chase.
How It Works
* Happy shopping to all Chase debit card users (consumer and business checking accounts) who enroll with the company and to all good luck.
* All eligible debit card purchases from Nov. 1 through Dec. 31 are automatically entered in the promotion. Eligible purchase are signature authorized, online, via the mail, by the telephone, and through contactless purchasing such as Chase blink. (For this promotion, PIN purchases qualify only for a lump of coal.)
* Chase will deliver the holiday cheer within 24 hours to the winners by email or voice alert, with reimbursement appearing on the monthly statement.
* The maximum reimbursement is $500 per purchase; the minimum $5.
* Customers can enroll in a branch, through a special Chase telephone number 1-800-688-4705, or online at www.chase.com/TheTab.
The consumer and business customers can find out more about the promotion at Chase branches, at chase.com, through statement inserts, on ATM screens, online ads and print advertising.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.