Meridio to Provide Support for Microsoft Office “12”
Meridio will deliver key compliance-based solutions for the next release of Microsoft Office products.
WALTHAM, Mass. — Nov. 2, 2005 — Meridio, a leading provider of .NET-based ECM solutions, said today that Meridio will support the next release of Microsoft® Office products, code-named Microsoft Office “12.” Meridio will provide support for its compliance solutions to Office “12,” extending the reach of Microsoft SharePoint®-based solutions.
Building on Meridio’s experience in building innovative document and records solutions with Microsoft SharePoint Products and Technologies and Microsoft Office 2003 editions, “Meridio 5” represents a major innovation on how solutions will integrate with Office “12.”
“Unlike other ECM vendors, Meridio’s experience in delivering solutions drives the sale and deployment of Microsoft SharePoint Products and Technologies and Microsoft Office system to solve key document and records problems” said , president and CEO of Meridio. “Our customers want solutions that help them gain competitive advantage, master their compliance needs, and overcome their litigation risk. Meridio with its support for Office ‘12’ technologies delivers information superiority.”
“Meridio solutions help Microsoft customers gain control of their corporate memory, providing solutions that allow them to manage their Office documents, Microsoft Office Live Communication Server 2005 instant messages and Microsoft Office Outlook® 2003 e-mail messages, and helping them solve records and compliance problems,” said Chris Capossela, corporate vice president of the Information Worker Product Management Group. “Meridio’s innovative support of Office ‘12’ demonstrates how deeply Meridio understands its customers’ compliance and information management needs.”
“Meridio’s solution enhances the capabilities of Microsoft SharePoint Products and Technologies and the Microsoft Office system,” said , CTO of Meridio. “Our ability to share and manage information more securely between regions in a global deployment makes a great combination with Microsoft’s outstanding collaboration capabilities”.
Meridio 5 will enhance the capabilities of Microsoft SharePoint Products and Technologies and the Office system in the following ways:
• Meridio 5 will implement an enterprise records policy management service on top of Office “12.” This service will extend disposal policies and fileplans across enterprise organizations, improving the manageability of compliance solutions. Meridio will open the interface so that other compliance solutions in the Microsoft ecosystem can take advantage of enterprise policy management.
• Meridio will provide powerful automated replication, so that content can be shared between locations in a distributed enterprise deployment allowing systems to scale with robust performance.
• Meridio will offer enhanced security for military and security-focused markets. This specialty will extend the value Microsoft SharePoint Products and Technologies deliver in markets where government security standards dominate, by enabling military and security customers to manage their documents and records according to the most stringent security standards.
• Meridio will deliver value-added solutions on top of Office “12,” for a number of industries including Government, Defense, Professional Services, Manufacturing and Financial.
• Meridio will extend the SharePoint platform to deliver Physical Records Management capabilities through its solutions. An organization will be able to manage physical, hybrid and electronic records from a single fileplan delivering a unified view of an organization’s records, whether they be in electronic or physical form.
Meridio 5.0 will be available in the 2nd half of 2006 with Microsoft Office “12.”
Founded in 1975, Microsoft (Nasdaq “MSFT”) is the worldwide leader in software, services and solutions that help people and businesses realize their full potential.
Meridio is a global enterprise document and records management (EDRM) software company operational in the , Europe and Asia Pacific. They develop document and records management software exclusively for Microsoft platforms to help organizations better manage their business information across the enterprise. Meridio focuses on compliance (private sector and Government), records management, email management/archive and massive .NET based document and records management enabled solutions. Meridio is a Microsoft Gold partner.
Note to editors: If you are interested in viewing additional information on Microsoft, please visit the Microsoft Web page at http://www.microsoft.com/presspass on Microsoft’s corporate information pages. Web links, telephone numbers and titles were correct at time of publication, but may since have changed. For additional assistance, journalists and analysts may contact Microsoft’s Rapid Response Team or other appropriate contacts listed at http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/contactpr.mspx.
- Contact Information
- Rapid Response Team
- Waggener Edstrom
- Microsoft Corp.
- Contact via E-mail
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.