Guerrilla Marketers Ask: Do Super Bowl Advertisers Have More Money Than Brains?
The Super Bowl is exciting to watch, debate and bet on. The news media O.D. on it for weeks. It makes for spirited conversation at the water fountain as well as in board rooms. Some of the commercials are a hoot. But does all of that excitement translate to a cost effective investment which will pay out for guerrilla marketers seeking sales and ROI?
A new book by Ron Geskey, “David vs. Goliath: Guerrilla Media Buying for Small Business, a New Way to Win,” attacks the myths of buying media to achieve ROI. For example:
1. Always Determine the Actual TOTAL Investment - For example, the Super Bowl’s time cost of $2.6 million per :30 is only the tip of the iceberg, not including more millions for commercial production, talent, and promotion.
2. Understand that Audience Size is Not Related to ROI - Research says there is no relationship between rating size and effectiveness.
3. Know that a 500% Cost Premium Makes ROI Nearly Impossible.
4. Accept that the Excitement of Just Being in the Super Bowl Doesn’t Cause More Consumers to Purchase. - Research says no.
5. But I Love to Watch the Commercials!! – Research says high commercial recall without a shift in brand purchasing intentions is a waste of money.
About “David vs. Goliath"
“David vs. Goliath” is a new book especially for small/mid size business owners, entrepreneurs, and others who want to grow their business, but may lack the capital to “make over” the entire business—e.g., location, facility, merchandise, positioning, pricing strategy, etc. to better compete with much larger competitors. Instead, many small businesses can increase Share of Market and Profit by increasing their Share Voice-- by using and buying traditional and non traditional media more efficiently and effectively. “David vs. Goliath” teaches readers the basics of what they need to know to plan and buy media to realize 50-200% increases in effectiveness and ROI.
About the Author
Ron Geskey, CEO of 2020:Marketing Communications LLC, has over 30 years of senior account and media management experience at Leo Burnett, D’Arcy, Campbell Ewald and General Motors R*Works. He has a M.S. from Southern Illinois University, doctoral work at Texas Tech, and professional education at Northwestern, Wharton, and MSU.
- Contact Information
- Ronald Geskey
- 2020:Marketing Communications LLC
- Contact via E-mail
This news content may be integrated into any legitimate news gathering and publishing effort. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.