Wells Fargo to Contribute $500,000 to Support Southern California Wildfire Refief and Recovery Efforts
To help victims of the Southern California wildfires, Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) said today the company will contribute $250,000 to local chapters of the American Red Cross and an additional $250,000 to numerous local relief agencies throughout the area to help with relief and rebuilding efforts.
“The Southern California wildfires have become a nationwide disaster, affecting a part of the country where Wells Fargo has thousands of customers and team members – and many more family and friends,” said Laura Schulte, president of Wells Fargo’s Western Region. “In addition to supporting the immediate relief efforts, Wells Fargo is committed to helping the community rebuild and we will work closely with local agencies to help families and business owners return to their homes and daily routines. On behalf of our 167,000 team members at Wells Fargo across North America, our thoughts and prayers are with the victims and their families.”
“The financial support from the business community of Greater Los Angeles and Southern California continues to fill us with pride,” said Paul Schulz, CEO, American Red Cross of Greater Los Angeles. “Wells Fargo’s generous donation will allow the Red Cross to meet the emergency and disaster-relief needs for thousands of people whose lives have been tragically altered by these raging fires.”
In addition to the donation, Wells Fargo is working to help affected customers manage through the recovery process. The company will offer:
* Payment options are available for affected customers with an existing home mortgage
* Emergency unsecured loans up to $25,000 for qualified customers
* Home Equity line increases up to $25,000 for qualified existing customers
* Case-by-case assistance for Wells Fargo credit card and Check/ATM card customers
* Assistance for qualified small business customers, including emergency credit line increases, bridge and term loans, credit protection activation, skip-a-payment, fee waivers and case-by-case assistance
Customers should call 1-800-TO-WELLS (1-800-869-3557) for assistance or visit their nearest Wells Fargo store to discuss financial options.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.