AOLLatino.com Relaunches to Expand Customization of User Experience and Incorporate Enhanced Community and Social Networking Elements
Offerings Include Interactive Community Features, Bilingual Blogs, Games, Traffic Updates, Lottery Results and More
NEW YORK. - AOL Latino (http://www.aollatino.com) today unveils a redesign of its award-winning Web site offering new easy–to-use features with a focus on expanding the community experience, providing more programming and adding extensive upgrades to current services. The site now offers users the ability to completely customize their homepage – from changing the colors and page size to getting stock quotes, traffic updates and “snag-able” content. Adding on to the core Spanish language programming of news, personal finance, music, entertainment and lifestyle, the site has added Juegos (for casual Games) and Comunidad de Blogs (Blogs Community). The newly retooled site also includes access to more than 200 radio stations both in Spanish and English and customized lottery results for all major cities.
“The relaunch of AOLLatino.com reinforces our ongoing commitment to providing the Hispanic community with the best online experience possible,” said David Liu, Senior Vice President, AOL. “Our new elements and services are specially designed to provide more bilingual tools, quicker and easier navigation, and a more engaging overall experience for our 1.4 million monthly visitors.”
With the burst in popularity of social networking and blogs within the Hispanic market, AOL® Latino now allows users the ability to create personalized Web pages, chat live with other users, “snag” their favorite video content and more as part of the revamped community area. Additionally, AOLLatino.com has both photo and video upload capabilities where users can post user-generated content for friends and family to see.
New AOLLatino.com features include:
* Customization: users will be able to completely customize their homepage, from the colors and page size to adding personalized weather reports, horoscope, fotos, videos, sports scores and more.
* AOL Latino Toolbar: with just a quick download, this easily customizable toolbar allows users to search the web and access their email, AIM® and AOL Latino content anywhere they browse.
* Email with Spanish AIM integration: free email will now let users interact with their AIM® Buddy List ® feature as they write and send email.
* Enhanced Interactive English Lessons: users taking AOL Latino’s free English lessons, powered by Berlitz, are able to follow along through new interactive audio quizzes for level placement, basic vocabulary, phrase of the day and cultural tips.
* Comunidad: AOL Latino now offers dozens of bilingual blogs and chats ranging in topics from music, entertainment, gossip, news, relationships, sports, cooking and more.
* Video: Easy access to user-generated video upload site which allows users to share content with friends and family across the globe. Additionally, users also have access to AOL’s extensive video offering in English and Spanish.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.