AT&T Customers Take Charge of Mobile Web with Easy-To-Use íMy Media Netí Service
PC-Based Web Browser Offers Simple Solution for Personalizing Mobile Web Experience
San Antonio, Texas.-Latest football scores. Check. Weather update for weekend trip. Check. Ability to personalize mobile Web content faster than ever before, now through the convenience of a big screen. Check. Customizing content has never been this easy.
AT&T Inc. (NYSE:T) today announced My MEdia Net, a new PC-based browser service that enables AT&Tís wireless customers to create and update with unprecedented ease and convenience how they experience the Web from their wireless phones.
Available now and at no charge, My MEdia Net is an advanced Web site that empowers customers to design their online wireless experience from an environment that they know ó their PC. My MEdia Net is an extension of MEdia Net, AT&Tís mobile Web service, and provides a simple, fun and highly interactive way for customers to personalize and manage their wireless home page.
ďAT&Tís wireless customers now have two ways ó two screens ó to personalize their mobile Web experience,Ē said Mark Collins, vice president, consumer data for AT&Tís wireless unit. ďWith the new Web-based tool, customers can now customize directly on their handsets through AT&Tís MEdia Net portal or through a PC. This easy personalization process will help increase the use of wireless data services as consumers become increasingly more dependent on wireless technology for information while theyíre on the go.Ē
Through My MEdia Net ó a complement to MEdia Net customization available directly on handsets ó users can add whatever content they choose to their MEdia Net home page, whether itís scores of a favorite sports teams, breaking news, stock quotes or weather updates. In addition, the intuitive site enables customers to actually type in their favorite URL and bookmark it to their home page. All selections are synchronized instantly over the air and confirmed with a message to the wireless device that launches the new MEdia Net home page.
Personalizing My MEdia Net is easy. Subscribers simply drag and drop desired content onto the My MEdia Net home page from the following categories: news, weather, sports and entertainment. Updates made to a customerís My MEdia Net site are automatically saved to the phone, and newly added selections appear on the mobile home page instantly. My MEdia Net may be accessed by AT&T customers at www.att.com/mymedianet.
My MEdia Net offers:
* Easy exploration. The PC-based Web site offers a simple snapshot of content titles that are available for access on a wireless handset, saving time and money.
* Easy sign-on. No extra registration is required to begin using the site.
* Personalized favorite content. Customers can quickly personalize a home page to track sports scores, receive news and weather updates and check stock quotes.
* Bookmarked favorite sites. Users can type in the URL of any mobile site that they want to track and add the site as a bookmark on their MEdia Net home page.
* Automatic over-the-air synchronization ó After making selections online, an updated MEdia Net home page is made available on customersí handsets through quick, one-click access.
* Intuitive dragging and dropping ó PC-based interface offers a simple to navigate, drag and drop process.
* Parental Controls ó My MEdia Net respects parental controls that have been set for individual phones, and users will not be able to use the ďadd a siteĒ functionality if parental controls are enabled.
My MEdia Net is another step toward converged services and is a stepping stone for more Web-based control services. According to recent research by Accenture, consumers desire customization and advanced programming, as well as devices that can recommend or adapt to preferences. Consumers identified flexibility, choice and innovation as key drivers in their purchasing decisions and are specifically interested in devices and individual services that work together in an intuitive way without adding more complexity.
AT&T recommends selecting a MEdia Max bundle with unlimited CV and Unlimited MEdia Net usage, which not only provides unlimited access to streaming video, CV and basic content but also unlimited mobile Web-browsing with MEdia Net. The MEdia Max bundle is $19.99 a month and includes 200 text messages.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.