LATINA Style Magazine Names State Farm® as One of the Top Employers for Career-Minded Latinas
State Farm Makes the 2007 “Style 50” List for Latinas Who Aspire to Climb the Corporate Ladder
Bloomington, Ill.- State Farm Insurance Companies has been named to Latina Style magazine’s 2007 list of the “50 Best Companies For Latinas toWork For.” This marks the tenth consecutive year State Farm has appeared on the annual list.
Every year, Latina Style magazine surveys hundreds of US corporations and selects the 50 best companies for contemporary Latina professionals in the United States. Among the principal areas of evaluation are: number of Latina executives, mentoring programs, Latina board members, educational opportunities, alternative work policies, dependent/child care support, employee benefits, women’s issues, job retraining, affinity groups and Hispanic relations. Evaluations for the 2007 annual report were based on 2006 data.
“State Farm is honored to be recognized for our workplace diversity programs that help Latinas advance in Corporate America. This is an environment where we not only celebrate diversity, but know that we thrive as a result of it,” said Mike Fernandez, State Farm vice president of public affairs.
“Attracting, retaining, and developing talented Latina professionals make us a stronger, more customer-focused organization. This has helped make State Farm an employer of choice among Latinas,” said Laura Haas, State Farm vice president of human resources.
State Farm offers a variety of innovative benefit and career development programs for employees and agents.
LATINA Style Magazine Names State Farm As One of the Top Employers For Latinas
Some Health and Welfare Benefits That Support Employees’ Lives include:
* A choice between the State Farm Group Medical PPO Plan or a Health Maintenance Organization, dental and vision coverage, an Employee Assistance Plan, supplemental accidental death and dismemberment insurance, dependent life insurance, long term care insurance, long-term disability insurance, a fully funded retirement pension plan and a voluntary 401 (k) plan
* A Paid-Time Off (PTO) policy for part-time eligible employees
* Flexible work schedules such as: compressed work week, job sharing and tele-work
* Medical Expense Reimbursement and Dependent Care Assistance
* Time off for funerals, government obligations, doctor or dentist appointments
* One paid workday to participate in activities benefiting a local school system
Benefits That Support Career Development and Enhancement are:
* A job satisfaction survey that uses employee input to determine areas for improvement
* Employee training programs, ranging from leadership development to agent recruitment
* A Mentoring program that assists individuals in reaching their full potential
* Tuition Aid Reimbursement
* Free financial education classes and counseling
* A Good Neighbor Grant valued at $500 is annually awarded on behalf of each State Farm employee who volunteers a minimum of 40 hours a year to an eligible nonprofit organization
* State Farm also supports employee resource groups, like HERO (Hispanic Employee Resource Organization), and values the input that employee’s provide to the enterprise relative to market insights; employee recruitment, development and retention; community relationships; and supplier diversity.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.