Warner Home Video to Release Its First Ever Interactive DVD Game, Harry Potter: Hogwarts Challenge on December 11, 2007
With the overwhelming popularity of the Harry Potter franchise, Warner Home Video (WHV) will step out of the realm of conventional DVDs with a new foray that will allow fans to experience the magic and adventure of the world of Harry Potter like never before. With the release of the Harry Potter Interactive DVD game, fans can experience in a whole new way the challenges that Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry has to offer. Harry Potter: Hogwarts Challenge is designed for the whole family’s enjoyment, as up to four people can play -- each at their own chosen skill level.
The first of its kind from WHV, the Harry Potter Interactive DVD Game brings the excitement of Harry Potter into your living room, as you begin your first year at Hogwarts. Get Sorted or choose your favorite house before attending class, participate in extracurricular activities and face exciting Year End Challenges during your first three years at the school. Be sure to keep track of house points, for the one with the most at the end of the third year will compete in a deathly wizard duel and receive tickets to the coveted Quidditch World Cup! Use your DVD player and remote to navigate the moving staircases at Hogwarts, avoid the Whomping Willow, catch the Golden Snitch or escape from the Forbidden Forest! No game boards, dice or pieces are necessary. Based primarily on the first three Happy Potter films, with additional scenes from the fourth and fifth films, the Harry Potter Interactive DVD Game is the perfect blend of action and adventure for Harry Potter enthusiasts!
“It is a privilege for WHV to be able to develop this revolutionary interactive DVD game that showcases one of the most successful franchises spanning the globe,” said Amit Desai, WHV Vice President, Kids and Sports Marketing. “Our goal with our interactive DVD titles is to bring more family-friendly characters to life in a hands-on interactive way that is fun for all.”
The much anticipated Harry Potter: Hogwarts Challenge hits stores on December 11, 2007 and will be available for $24.98 SRP.
Harry Potter Interactive DVD Game Details:
• Attending Class
-Players can practice proper wand movement, and participate in activities based on Transfiguration, Divination and Potions classes through curriculum specific to their year. They will also be challenged with avoiding the Whomping Willow’s deadly branches and navigating through the moving staircases of Hogwarts. All activities consist of action-oriented and activity-based play.
• Extracurricular Activities
- Extracurricular activities are only available at certain times in the game – after the player has completed at least two classes within a particular year.
- These activities consist of Owl Post, whereby the player must follow a messenger owl through Hogwarts, dodging various obstacles along the way; and Quidditch Tryouts where the player must maneuver through and around various obstacles such as goal hoops and spectator stands – all the while dodging Bludgers and searching for the Golden Snitch.
• Year End Challenges
- The player competes in a Year End Challenge at the end of each year that mirrors a pivotal event at the end of each of films one, two and three. A bulk of points is awarded for successfully completing the Year End Challenge to pass the given year, and it will usually be the deciding factor in which house wins the year’s House Cup.
• Chance Clips
- Throughout the game, the player may encounter “Chance Clips.” These are random video and audio clips from the Harry Potter films. Depending upon which clip is seen or heard, the player or his/her opponent(s) will lose or gain points.
• Bonus Activity (Wizard Duel)
- When the player has completed all three years at Hogwarts, won at least one House Cup, and scored the most points over all three years, he or she can take part in a wizard duel and receive tickets to the Quidditch World Cup.
Harry Potter: Hogwarts Challenge release information:
Street Date: December 11, 2007
Order Due Date: November 6, 2007
DVD SRP: $24.98
DVD Cat #: 115314
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.