Deliver on the Promise of IPTV – Scientific-Atlanta at TELECOM ’05
— Scientific-Atlanta demonstrates how service providers can harness the power of IP video as part of their service lineup —
Las Vegas, TELECOM’05 – Scientific-Atlanta’s proven video expertise, collaboration with industry-leading vendors and longstanding heritage of delivering advanced digital encoding and receiving equipment to the leading content providers worldwide are just a few of the advantages you will realize once you see and experience the wide-ranging portfolio of products and services for IPTV.
Attendees at the upcoming TELECOM ’05 show will not only get a preview of “what’s next for the telecom industry,” but will see how Scientific-Atlanta’s innovative technology solutions can help deliver a wide array of advanced features and help enable you to launch new or expanded choices to customers today.
Show Highlights Include:
* IPTV Set-Tops – Deliver the next generation services your subscribers want with Scientific-Atlanta’s full suite of advanced IPTV set-tops currently in development, including dazzling standard-definition (SD) and high-definition (HD), MPEG-4/H.264 or VC-1 digital video recording (DVR), integrated IP over Coax to minimize installation costs, and whole home gateway set-tops. These products are designed to support multiple middleware and security options.
* Residential Gateway - Deliver video, data, and voice services to the home through Scientific-Atlanta’s new residential gateway. This product, designed to be integrated into the IP video environment, also supports HPNA 3.0 home networking and has wireless options.
* MPEG-4 Part 10/H.264 Advanced Video Compression – Enable subscribers to experience on-demand content and the latest generation of digital video recorders (DVRs) with blockbuster-quality video, even at bandwidth-saving low bit rates.
* FTTx Video Solutions – Deliver hundreds of simultaneous video streams supported by optical video transport products, including Prisma II™ FTTH transmitters, FTTH optical amplifiers, optical switching and passive devices, as well as complete telco IPTV headend solutions.
* ROSA™ Network Management System – Achieve increased system performance and reduced operational costs with end-to-end management of small and large systems with the ROSA Network Management System and ROSA Element Manager. These network management tools monitor, control and configure equipment, automatically backup failed equipment, alert the operator of the failure, perform automated tasks, and translate proprietary protocols to SNMP for the overall network manager.
* SciCare™ Services – Take advantage of management tools, extensive integration experience and consulting expertise with SciCare Broadband Services, the systems integration, professional services and consulting arm of Scientific-Atlanta. As video is rolled out as a part of the “Quad Play” (Voice, Video, Data and Wireless), SciCare brings years of multi-vendor integration and collaboration experience to the table to help overcome technical challenges and meet business objectives.
Scientific-Atlanta Featured Speakers at TELECOM’05:
* Paul Connolly, Vice President and General Manager, Emerging Businesses
Monday, October 24, 9:45 am – 11:00 am
Maximizing Integrated Communications Track: ‘IPTV Services’
Titian Ballroom 2202/2203
* David Alsobrook, Director, Video Products for IP Subscriber Networks
Monday, October 24, 11:30 am – 12:30 pm
‘Wanted: A Few Good Boxes’
iHollywood Forum’s ‘Triple Play: Voice, Broadband and TV Conference’
* Dave Davies, Vice President of Strategy and Product Marketing
Tuesday, October 25, 2:30 pm – 3:45 pm
‘High Definition – A Must Carry or a Must Have?’
IP Video Conference
Veronese Ballroom 2504/2505/2506
Scientific-Atlanta, Inc. (NYSE: SFA - http://www.scientificatlanta.com) is a leading supplier of digital content contribution and distribution systems, transmission networks for broadband access to the home, digital interactive set-tops and subscriber systems designed for video, high-speed Internet and Voice over IP (VoIP) networks, and worldwide customer service and support.
“Forward-looking statements,” as defined in the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, may be included in this news release. A variety of factors could cause Scientific-Atlanta’s actual results to differ from the anticipated results expressed in such forward-looking statements. Investors are referred to Scientific-Atlanta’s Cautionary Statements (Exhibit 99.1 to the Company’s most recent Form 10-K), which statements are incorporated into this news release by reference.
For more information visit http://www.scientificatlanta.com. Writers and editors may access a variety of information on the company and its product, as well as downloadable images, by selecting News Center from the home page. Scientific-Atlanta, the Scientific-Atlanta logo are registered trademarks, and SciCare is a trademark, of Scientific-Atlanta, Inc.. ROSA is a trademark of Scientific-Atlanta Europe NV.
- Contact Information
- Sara Stutzenstein
- Media Contact
- Contact via E-mail
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.