Epson Launches New High-Speed, High-Precision G Series SCARA Robots
– Offering 168 models with top-class motion capabilities to respond to a broad range of equipment specifications –
Seiko Epson Corporation (“Epson”) announced that it is beginning sales of its new G Series SCARA robots today, September 26.
The G Series employs Epson’s original smart motion control technology*1 to achieve high-speed, ultra-high precision, and low-vibration that are in the top class of the industry. The robots in this series make it possible for customers to enhance important specifications of the equipment they design and manufacture, enabling them to build equipment capable of handling the production of multiple products or working in environments containing water or oil.
The robots in this series have greatly increased their speed over current models, and are able to carry out high-speed operation, move short distances as well as long distances, and transport light loads as well as heavy loads in every type of condition.
All robot arms are built to clean specifications, or IP54/65 specifications, which enable them to be used in environments having water or oil. The 168 models of robots, which can be mounted on the wall or ceiling, can be used by customers in a very wide range of applications.
By incorporating the RC170 controller, even first-time users can easily manufacture compact robot equipment that offers outstanding cost performance.
The main features of the products in this series are described below.
* The neat and agile movement of the robot makes it possible to shorten the time required for operation (employs high-rigidity, lightweight mechanism*2 and smart motion control technology)
* It’s possible to attach large-size multi-hands capable of grasping different types of products or a plurality of items (increase transportable weight and permissible inertia moment)
* Although compact in size, it has a very wide range of movement*3 (the area of movement possible at the rear of the robot has become larger because the robot is built without a cable duct*4)
* Comprehensive lineup of models can be used to cope with various environments (standard lineup includes IP54/IP64 specifications and clean specifications, which include electrostatic discharge countermeasures)
* Optimal layout makes possible reduction in size of equipment (can be installed on the wall or ceiling)
* Ability to produce smooth and highly-precise straight line and circular arc movements can vastly improve the quality of coating work (employs smart motion control technology)
The G Series is divided into three series based on the transportable weight.
Ideally suited for high-speed, high-precision assembling of a wide variety of small-size components.
Maximum transportable weight: 6kg; Robot arm length: 450, 550, 650mm
Multiple hands are ideally suited to high-speed assembling involving multiple processes and work involving lining up things.
Maximum transportable weight: 10kg; Robot arm length: 650, 850mm
Ideally suited to work involving transporting heavy loads in a spacious work area, such as packing boxes.
Maximum transportable weight: 20kg; Robot arm length: 850, 1000mm
The targeted markets for this series of products cover a wide range of fields, including the electrical and electronics industries, as well as the automobile, food, pharmaceutical, and medical industries.
Epson plans to sell a total of 200 units domestically and abroad in this fiscal year.
For further details regarding industrial robots, please refer to our website at http://www.epson.jp/fa/e/index.htm.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.