Gamers Gain Supremacy With Dell XPS M1730
PC gaming leader Dell today unleashed the XPSTM M1730 notebook, aka “the beast,” for gamers who want to experience the peak of mobile gaming performance.
Available immediately, the XPS M1730 is the world’s first notebook to incorporate AGEIA PhysX Mobile TechnologyTM and Logitech’s GamePanel LCD. The PhysXTM processor helps deliver realistic movement and environmental interaction at incredible speeds without degrading overall performance. The GamePanel LCD allows gamers to view game stats, create new macros and track important system information without leaving the game.
The high-octane XPS M1730 delivers incredible mobile gaming performance, supporting the overclocking1 of Intel® CoreTM 2 Extreme processor X7900 to Bin +2 (up to 3.2GHz) and featuring NVIDIA® SLI technology with support for DirectX® 10 graphics. It is the only notebook to feature the AGEIA PhysX 100MTM processor, and for a limited time every system includes Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter 2 from Ubisoft.
Designed specifically for the gaming community and dubbed “the beast” by the Dell development team, the new notebook features an aggressive, brawny design that can be personalized with four color accent choices: Crimson Red, Sapphire Blue, Bone White, and Smoke Grey.
Looking ahead, Dell engineered the XPS M1730 chassis to handle the thermal and power requirements of the most powerful next-generation graphics technology. Dell also will offer a graphics upgrade program when next-generation graphics processor technology is available.
Other features include a backlit keyboard with separate 10-key number pad, a high-definition display with a lightning fast response time of 7 milliseconds2 and support for Dell’s LightFX application, allowing users and developers to manipulate the system’s multi-colored perimeter lighting LEDs.
For fans of online gaming, the XPS M1730 is Dell’s most “connected” gaming notebook available. It features optional built-in mobile broadband connectivity3 with a choice of carriers, including AT&T, Sprint and Verizon Wireless, as well as Wi-Fi technology choices topped out by optional Wireless-N. Systems also include a built-in Web camera and digital array microphone for gamers to clearly see and flame the competition.
Developing PCs for Next-Generation Games
Gamers can see the power of the XPS M1730 at a Dell event today at DigitalLife, the popular consumer electronics and digital technology event in New York. Gabe Newell, co-founder and managing director of Valve Corp., is scheduled to make a guest appearance and demo some content from The Orange Box, the widely anticipated PC game compilation. The event is scheduled at 3 p.m. EDT at the DigitalLife theater.
“Dell is committed to the creation of PCs that will take hard-core gamers to new frontiers,” said Glen Robson, head of Dell’s XPS systems. “The XPS M1730 engineering team worked with developers on leading titles such as The Orange Box from Valve’s Half Life 2 and 2K Games’ BioShock to help ensure this notebook can deliver the full-throttle power required for the most anticipated PC games.”
“The seamless integration of PhysX into this innovative new product clearly raises the bar in mobile PC gaming,” said Manju Hegde, CEO of AGEIA. “Exciting new PhysX-powered games such as Tom Clancy’s GRAW2 from Ubisoft, NetDevil’s Warmonger and Midway and Epic Games’ upcoming Unreal Tournament 3 are a perfect match for the XPS 1730.”
Dell Announces First Class Service for XPS
All XPS desktops and notebooks feature Dell’s first class service, which guarantees quick access to the best technicians Dell offers for home computers. These techs must pass rigorous training to become a member of the XPS support team, and calls are typically answered in less than two minutes, often more quickly. First class service also means premium protection, with XPS systems including a 15-month subscription to virus and spyware protection and a one-year subscription to LoJack for Laptops theft protection service4 (notebooks only) as standard features. And for a limited time, Dell XPS system will include 10GB of online storage and backup space with Dell DataSafe Online Backup when system is purchased from Dell. More information is available at www.dell.com/firstclass.
Under the Covers of the XPS M1730
With a starting price of $2,999, the XPS M1730 features:
* Intel Core 2 Duo T7500 processor at 2.2GHz
* 17-inch UltraSharpTM widescreen (1920x1200) display with TrueLifeTM technology (wide viewing angle, 7ms response gray to gray, 260 nits typical brightness)
* 2GB dual channel DDR2 SDRAM at 667MHz
* NVIDIA® SLI® technology with dual NVIDIA® GeForce® Go 8700M GT GPUs with 256MB
* AGEIA PhysX 100MTM processor
* 200GB5 7200 RPM hard disc drive
* 8x DVD+/-RW
* Intel Pro/Wireless 3945 802.11 a/b/g Wireless with WiFi CatcherTM , Bluetooth® version 2.0+
* 2.0 MP built-in webcam with dual digital array microphones
* Logitech GamePanel LCD panel embedded above keyboard
* 4 USB 2.0, Dual-link DVI-I (support for 30-inch displays), IEEE 1394a, S-video with component, composite, S/PDIF support, 8-in-1 card reader, HDMI via DVI adapter, Consumer IR, dual headphones, microphone (stereo line-in) and support for 5.1 audio out
* Choice of Microsoft® Windows Vista® Premium or Windows XP Professional
* ExpressCard Consumer IR Travel Remote Control
* 80WHr Lithium-Ion battery
* Four wing color options: Crimson Red, Sapphire Blue, Bone White and Smoke Grey with LED backlight and LightFX support with user-configurable options
* For a limited time one year of Dell’s DataSafe Online with 10GB online storage when purchased from Dell and
* One year In-Home Service6 limited Warranty7 and XPS Warranty support
* Intel Core 2 Duo T7700 (2.4GHz) or Intel Extreme Edition Core 2 Duo X7900 processor (2.8GHz) with support for overclocking to 3.2GHz (Bin+2)
* 4GB8 dual-channel DDR2 SDRAM at 667MHz
* Choice of solid state disc (SSD) drives or traditional platter hard drives, some supporting dual hard drive and RAID array configurations
* Blu-ray Disc Drive
* Mobile Broadband3 with choice of carriers: AT&T (HSDPA), Sprint (EV-DO) and Verizon Wireless (EV-DO)
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.