SanDisk Announces Enterprise Technology Alliance with Founders Including Check Point, Citrix, McAfee, RSA AND Verisign
SanDisk Enterprise Solutions Technology Alliance (SESTA)
Partners Will Work On Compatibility With SanDisk’s
Secure Portable Storage Devices And Management Software
MILPITAS, CALIFORNIA. – SanDisk® Corporation (NASDAQ:SNDK) today announced the SanDisk Enterprise Solutions Technology Alliance (SESTA), allowing partners to evaluate compatibility and interoperability of their products with SanDisk’s secure portable hardware and supporting software, as well as join with SanDisk to raise awareness of best practices in endpoint and portable data security. SESTA is backed by a roster of founding partners including Check Point Software Technologies Ltd.; Citrix Systems Inc.; McAfee Inc.; RSA, The Security Division of EMC; and VeriSign, Inc.
“We are honored to have such prestigious founding partners for SESTA,” said Roy Ramati, vice president and general manager of the Enterprise Division at SanDisk. “These industry leaders are joining with us because they recognize the importance IT managers and security executives place on the interoperability of IT solutions. Beyond compatibility testing, we hope SESTA will be a launch pad for numerous strategic and technology alliances among partners to help our mutual customers cope with their ongoing security challenges.”
Executives of the founding companies described the opportunities they see in joining SESTA:
* Check Point: “Small devices with large storage capacities are very convenient for employees on the go. But enterprises need to control the balance between end user convenience and the security of their information. We are now exploring how Check Point’s data security products can work with SanDisk’s enterprise storage solutions to secure sensitive data in a mobile work environment,” said Bob Egner, vice president of product management at Check Point Software Technologies Ltd.
* Citrix: “As the global leader in application delivery infrastructure, Citrix is always looking to simplify information access. We believe SESTA will help us develop new ways of delivering that access through SanDisk’s secure portable storage devices,” said Chris Fleck, VP of Partner Development at Citrix Systems Inc.
* McAfee: “Data leakage is a growing problem and we applaud SanDisk’s work to embed security in its enterprise storage solutions. As one of the leaders in data loss prevention, and a founding member of SESTA, we are working closely with SanDisk and seek to ensure that corporate data remains safe,” said Vimal Solanki, senior director of marketing for McAfee.
* RSA: “SESTA offers RSA an opportunity to advance interoperability with SanDisk’s leading enterprise products and to raise awareness of the risks and opportunities inherent in today’s enterprise IT environment. RSA’s commitment to delivering choice in strong authentication is rooted in our belief that enterprises should get the benefits of stronger security in the devices they already use,” said Christopher Young, vice president and general manager, Identity and Access Assurance Group, RSA, The Security Division of EMC.
* VeriSign: “The combination of Open Authentication (OATH) compliant VeriSign® Identity Protection (VIP) Authentication Service with SanDisk’s extensive storage capabilities help our enterprise customers provide consumers with another option for convenient, two-factor authentication for online identity protection. From credit card-style authentication devices and mobile phone software tokens to SanDisk secure USB flash drives, the options supported by VIP technology allow companies to offer their customers form factors designed to fit individual needs and usage preferences, ” said Fran Rosch, vice president, Authentication Services, VeriSign.
Other companies with cutting-edge security solutions are among the founding partners of SESTA, including:
* Applied Identity, Inc.
* Centennial Software Limited
* Diversinet Corp.
* LC Technology International Inc.
* Lumension Security (formerly SecureWave)
* Promisec Ltd.
* RedCannon Security Inc.
* SmartLine Inc.
* Sweet Spot Solutions Inc.
* Tablus, Inc.
* Vericept Corporation
SESTA provides technical and marketing support to partners who want to evaluate and promote the compatibility of their products with SanDisk’s offerings for the enterprise market. The alliance is also intended as a resource for IT professionals to learn how offerings from SanDisk and SESTA partners work together to provide comprehensive enterprise storage solutions.
SanDisk’s current offerings for the enterprise market include the Cruzer® Enterprise USB flash drive with virtually ironclad data security through hardware-based 256-bit AES encryption, and SanDisk CMC (Central Management & Control) client/server software, which allows an IT department to remotely manage Cruzer Enterprise drives. CMC features include password recovery and renewal through the network, remote termination of lost drives, central back-up and restore, and central usage tracking and auditing. More information on SESTA is available online at www.sandisk.com/sesta.
SanDisk is the original inventor of flash storage cards and is the world’s largest supplier of flash data storage card products, using its patented, high-density flash memory and controller technology. SanDisk is headquartered in Milpitas, California, and has operations worldwide, with more than half its sales outside the U.S.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.