Motorola Enhances New Biometric Identity Management Portfolio to Tap Burgeoning Identity Management Opportunities
LONDON - 19 October 2005 - Motorola, Inc. (NYSE: MOT) announced today that it is advancing its position as a biometrics solutions provider by enhancing its portfolio of identity management products. The comprehensive Identity Management portfolio broadens Motorola’s commitment to help governments evolve to next generation ePassports and National ID cards to help deliver safer travel worldwide. Motorola’s announcement was made at the Biometrics 2005 show in London.
Motorola’s enhanced Biometrics Identity Management Portfolio will enable countries around the world to better protect borders. Citizens will further benefit from the reduction of identity theft and fraud. Government agencies can select from a portfolio of enrollment stations to produce personalized secure documents, verification stations to verify a person’s identification, and wireless mobile devices to verify identification at national borders.
Motorola is a leading provider of Mission Critical communications solutions, including civil biometrics solutions and Automatic Fingerprint Identification Systems (AFIS) to help governments and public safety agencies track and accurately identify individuals. Motorola is one of the world’s leading biometric companies, with solutions in more than 37 countries.
Motorola’s Biometric Identity Management portfolio combines fingerprints with 3D and 2D facial images identifying people by the sections of the face that are less susceptible to alteration. This highly accurate multi-modal biometric algorithm is designed to produce and verify travel documents, national IDs, voter registration, and social benefits. The robust portfolio also enables governments to more efficiently launch new secure document programs via a single point of access.
“Our ground-breaking use of 3D face combined with face/finger fusion make Motorola’s portfolio one of the most accurate in the industry,” said Darrin J. Reilly, General Manager of Motorola’s Biometrics Unit. “Our enhanced portfolio reinforces Motorola’s dedication to the biometrics market, illustrates our expertise in fusing multiple biometrics, and shows how we can integrate software with smart cards and secure documents such as ePassports.”
Specifically, Motorola’s Biometric Identity Management portfolio includes the following components:
* Multi-Biometric Enrollment Stations– Supports the efficient capture of demographic and biometric data (Fingerprint, 2D & 3D Facial, Signature) with built-in quality control measures to ensure the information you are capturing will provide effective results.
* Multi-Biometric Verification – Stationary, mobile, and self-service kiosks verify the authenticity of documents and their document holders through biometric matching and document analysis. Motorola’s product suite supports verification of ICAO/ISO compliant passports and secure documents (including smartcards, and national IDs).
* Document Central Registry – Records data relevant to the life time of the document such as personalization, issuance, expiration, renewal, and invalidation.
* Data Preparation and Key Management – Data transformation and submission of data for Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) processing with a Personalization Server for the personalization of secure travel documents containing contact-less smartcard chips that comply with ICAO (International Civil Aviation Organization) standards to produce secure identification document production for passports, smart cards, national ID cards, etc.
* Motorola Printrak Biometric Identification Solution, one of the most accurate biometric systems available in the industry today, for duplicate enrollment check to ensure that an individual is not granted multiple documents under different names.
* A complete set of hosting, testing, support, management, and systems integration services provided by a team with proven expertise in global solutions and large-scale deployments. Motorola is offering a complete end-to-end modular suite of products specifically designed to meet the unique needs of identity management markets.
Motorola is a Fortune 100 global communications leader that provides seamless mobility products and solutions across broadband, embedded systems and wireless networks. In your home, auto, workplace and all spaces in between, seamless mobility means you can reach the people, things and information you need, anywhere, anytime. Seamless mobility harnesses the power of technology convergence and enables smarter, faster, cost-effective and flexible communication. Motorola had sales of US $31.3 billion in 2004. For more information: www.motorola.com
- Contact Information
- Debbie Esposito
- Motorola USA
- Motorola, Inc.
- Contact via E-mail
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.