CA Releases Entire Line of 2008 Consumer Software, Featuring Internet Security Suite Plus 2008
New Suite Now Includes Website Authentication/Anti-Phishing, Integrated Parental Controls, Data Backup and Transfer
Up to $10,000 Worth of Identity Theft and Virus Protection Coverage
ISLANDIA, N.Y.- CA (NYSE: CA) today announced the immediate availability of its 2008 line of Internet security and desktop management products for the home and home office. The new line provides a stronger line of defense against the latest online threats including identity theft, viruses, spyware, spam, and phishing. Its flagship product, CA Internet Security Suite Plus 2008, now incorporates website authentication, data backup and PC-to-PC data transfer, delivering a more robust PC security and desktop tool.
Additionally, CA has increased its identity theft and virus protection coverage up to $10,000.*
“People need to make full use of the Internet without worrying about the safety of their data or their PCs,” said David Luft, senior vice president of product development for CA. “Our 2008 product line delivers this assurance with more power and greater value, and includes unique bonuses like identify theft and virus coverage.”
According to the CA Internet Threat Outlook Report, malware threats are projected to grow by more than 130 percent next year. CA Internet Security Suite Plus 2008 protects customers against these threats and offers enhanced standard features such as a Personal Firewall, Anti-Spyware, Anti-Virus, and Anti-Spam. New to CA Internet Security Suite Plus in 2008 are:
Helps provide protection against fraudulent and malicious websites by issuing warnings when a site is potentially unsafe, and providing an easy-to-understand risk assessment that shows the site owner, its physical address and a risk rating. Additional safeguards analyze a site’s link, instant messenger clients, and web and office applications. Color-coded risk assessment indicators and data protection help guard against sending personal information to risky sites.
Data Backup and Data Transfer:
Protects files, photos, music, and PC settings through backup, restore and transfer options. A PC’s “DNA” (data, settings, and preferences) can be copied to a CD, DVD, network share or an external hard drive to protect against unforeseen incidents and easily migrated to a new PC. Users can easily stream a PC’s DNA directly to a new PC or create a DNA file to transfer.
Integrated Parental Controls:
Dynamic content filtering helps to ensure protection from inappropriate content at all times. Parents can safeguard children by creating up to 10 different password-protected user profiles, each with their own password-protected login, and can limit the time each child can spend on the Internet on a daily basis. New security controls help ensure that children cannot disable or uninstall the product or change their filtering profiles.
Other new titles for 2008 include:
* CA Anti-Spam Plus CA Website Inspector 2008 – adds enhanced protection against phishing attacks and fraudulent or malicious websites, emails or instant messages
* CA Anti-Virus Plus CA Anti-Spyware 2008 – combines CA Anti-Virus with CA Anti-Spyware to provide comprehensive malware protection
All CA security products have a small hard drive footprint allowing for efficient use of system resources and ensuring fast installation, quick scans and superior usability. They are also protected by the CA Security Advisor Team, a global team of malware experts and engineers that work round-the-clock to detect and prevent online threats.
Customers receive free daily protection updates, free upgrades to the latest product features and free 24 X 7 online technical support for the life of their subscription.
The CA products run on Windows 2000 Professional SP4+, Windows XP SP1+, Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 SP2, or Windows Vista.
Total Internet Protection Plan*
The Total Internet Protection Plan, included at no additional charge with the purchase of CA Internet Security Suite Plus 2008, provides coverage up to $10,000 in the event of an identity theft occurrence or hardware damage caused by a virus after proper installation of the CA products. Consumers in eligible states are qualified to receive up to $5,000 Identity Theft coverage after purchasing CA Internet Security Suite Plus 2008 and installing and registering Mobile Lifeline® (MLL) software. Consumers in the U.S., Canada, and the United Kingdom are eligible for the Virus Protection Plan after they purchase CA Internet Security Suite Plus 2008 and successfully activate CA Anti-Virus 2008.
* Up to $5,000 USD Personal Internet and Identity Theft Coverage
* Up to $5,000 USD Virus Protection
* Not available on the CA Internet Security Suite 2GB Flash Drive
* The Personal Internet and Identity Theft Coverage offer is only available in the U.S. and Canada. It is not available in New York, and may not be available in other jurisdictions.
* The Virus Protection Plan is only available in the U.S., Canada, and the United Kingdom. It covers up to 3 PCs or laptops, combined limit up to $5,000 USD or £2,500.
The plans are administered by Warranty Corporation of America (WaCA), a full service administration company.
In selected markets, CA Internet Security Suite Plus 2008 is also available on a flat, wallet-sized 2GB ReadyBoost-capable flash drive. After installing the software from the flash drive, a user has 2GB of memory to hold files, and also improve the performance of their Windows Vista™ PC through the Windows Vista ReadyBoost function.
Pricing and Availability
* CA Internet Security Suite Plus 2008: $69.99 (MSRP) for a three-user, one-year subscription
* CA Anti-Virus Plus CA Anti-Spyware 2008: $49.99 (MSRP) for a three-user, one-year subscription
* CA Anti-Spam Plus CA Website Inspector 2008: $49.99 (MSRP) for a three-user, one-year subscription.
For a complete listing of all CA 2008 home/home office products and pricing, please visit http://shop.ca.com/.
All CA 2008 home and home office products are available online immediately at http://shop.ca.com/ or by October at most major electronics retailers including TigerDirect.com, Amazon, Best Buy, Buy.com, CompUSA, Circuit City, Fry’s, J and R, Microcenter, Office Depot, Staples, Wal-Mart and more.
* Insurance underwritten by member companies of American International Group, Inc. The description herein is a summary only. It does not include all terms, conditions and exclusions of the policies described. Please refer to the actual policies for complete details of coverage and exclusions. Coverage not available to residents of New York and may not be available in other jurisdictions.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.