Global cardiovascular drug market forecast to grow to $116.3billion by 2010 says new report available from Piribo.com
Piribo, the online destination for business intelligence for the biotech and pharmaceutical industry, has now added a new report on the market for cardiovascular drugs.
“Cardiovascular Pharmaceutical Market Trends 2007 to 2010 - Key Market Forecasts and Growth Opportunities” says that the global cardiovascular market is forecast to expand to US$116.3 billion in 2010, equivalent to a CAGR of 5.3% over the next five years. The slow-down in cardiovascular market growth between 2003 and 2005 is forecast to continue through to 2010. While continued changes in demographics and lifestyle will continue to drive cardiovascular sales forward, growth rates will be limited by continued patent expiries for major products and a dearth of novel therapies being introduced.
The 112 page report, published by URCH Publishing, provides an excellent overview to the current and future market dynamics and size for drug treatments for cardiovascular-related disorders. Other key findings from the report include:
- The global market for cardiovascular patients will increase to 251 million in 2010, with the greatest rate of growth forecast for the US market.
- The anti-hypertensives drug class dominates the global cardiovascular market with a market share of nearly 50%.
- Of the top 20 products by global cardiovascular sales in 2005, all 20 generated annual sales in excess of US$1 billion.
- The top 20 products in 2005 contributed sales of US$59.3 billion accounting for 66.1% of the total cardiovascular market.
- A total of 14 pharmaceutical companies were identified as having generated cardiovascular sales in excess of US$1 billion in 2005.
“Cardiovascular Pharmaceutical Market Trends 2007 to 2010” is available in pdf format from Piribo. For more information, go to: http://www.piribo.com/publications/therapeutic/cardiovascular_pharmaceutical_market_trends_2007_2010.html
Piribo product ID: URC155
Piribo (http:www.piribo.com) is a UK-based independent online store supplying business information on the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries. The website now carries over 6,000 English language titles including, market reports, studies and books and is the UK’s largest online biopharma information store. Subscribers receive a free monthly newsletter and email alerts on new titles in their areas of interest. The company was established in 2004.
- Contact Information
- E Bailey
- Contact via E-mail
This news content may be integrated into any legitimate news gathering and publishing effort. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.