Verizon Wireless Adjusts Contract Policy To Accommodate Customers On Extended Military Duty
BASKING RIDGE, NJ — Verizon Wireless announced today that the company has revised its contract policies to make it easier for customers in the military to manage their accounts when called to active duty. Under the new policy, active military personnel may suspend their accounts for up to 48 months.
“By offering two 24-month suspension periods for accounts held by active military personnel, we’re making it easier for our valued customers in the armed forces to do business with Verizon Wireless,” said Charles Falco, Vice President-National Customer Service for Verizon Wireless. “It’s one of the best and most flexible policies available.”
Customers currently deployed in active duty who have already suspended their Verizon Wireless accounts will be grandfathered into the new program, unless a specific automatic reconnect date has been requested. In addition, customers whose military deployment is extended beyond their original request may renew their suspension for a second 24 months. Military personnel requesting suspensions or contract cancellations -- without paying an Early Termination Fee -- are asked to verbally provide their home base and commanding officer’s information in order for Verizon Wireless to confirm deployment.
Tips on how to suspend service in connection with deployment:
* Call Verizon Wireless customer service at 1 800 922-0204, or from a Verizon Wireless phone at *611.
* Have account number and/or mobile telephone number handy.
* Be prepared to provide military base and commanding officer information.
* Provide a restart date if available.
* Military personnel may also want to make sure they have assigned account management privileges to a US-based relative or friend so someone else can help manage the account in the event of a duty extension or to make other account adjustments while the customer is overseas.
For more information about Verizon Wireless products and services, visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or go to www.verizonwireless.com.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.