Xerox Expands Profit Potential For Printers
Printers can propel their digital businesses with new services, technologies and workflow solutions to produce profitable print programs.
CHICAGO.- The founder and leader in the digital production publishing industry, Xerox Corporation (NYSE: XRX) is once again advancing the quality and productivity of its offerings that help commercial printers expand their businesses and profit from the growth opportunities in digital printing.
At Graph Expo, the printing industry’s largest annual exhibition in North America, Xerox is showcasing new and enhanced products and software - including nearly a dozen introduced this month - that deliver vibrant color, streamline production and improve print image quality.
Earlier this year, Xerox received the prestigious National Medal of Technology, the highest honor awarded by the President of the United States to leading innovators. The recognition pays tribute to Xerox’s rich heritage of innovation and market-making technology, much of which has created and continues to define the digital printing industry.
“We’re a recognized leader in the print industry and we’re taking Innovation to the next level,” said Quincy Allen, president, Xerox Production Systems Group. “We call it the ’New Business of Printing™’. It’s all about arming our customers with the right technology, the right workflow and the right business model to accelerate the pace of their profitable growth. This year alone, Xerox has launched 30 products for the digital publishing industry, strengthening what is already the industry’s broadest portfolio of color and black-and-white digital systems. Add to that software, finishing features, business support services and print application tools, and we remain strides ahead of others in providing the solutions that enable our customers to meet their business goals.”
Xerox’s advanced digital printing technology and services enable the just-in-time production of brochures, catalogs, statements, books, packaging and other collaterals that can be customized for an audience from one to thousands. At Graph Expo, Xerox is highlighting the breadth of its portfolio and partnerships through “digital application zones” that demonstrate the market opportunity for commercial printers.
The Xerox digital application zones are:
* Collateral by request. Xerox is helping print providers implement Web-to-print systems that allow franchises or branches of large enterprises to create marketing materials with customized photos, contact information and special offers - all from templates on a Web site, without compromising the integrity of the company’s brand. Using Xerox’s workflow tools, including Xerox FreeFlow Web Services 6.0 software software announced last week, clients can easily submit and reorder jobs in a secure online environment.
* Books and manuals. As the digital books and manuals market continues to explode, print providers are tapping digital print capabilities to meet the needs of self-publishers, publishing houses and colleges and universities. The Xerox Nuvera™ 288 Digital Perfecting System features fully integrated, tandem-engine architecture to run two-sided prints and produce books and manuals twice as fast with image quality that’s as good as or better than offset printing. New Xerox FreeFlow™ Makeready 6.0 software simplifies preparation of digital book files and lets operators view the book or manual on-screen as it will appear in print.
* Trans-promo. Adding promotional messaging to bills and statements presents a powerful marketing opportunity. InfoTrends forecasts that the trans-promo full-color digital output for North America will increase at an annual growth rate of 91 percent to 21.72 billion images by 2010, up from 1.62 billion images in 2006. With the new light production Xerox 4112/4127 Copier/Printer and Xerox 4112/4127 Enterprise Printing System, print providers can quickly turn around transactional documents that integrate personalized promotional messages. The Xerox 4112/4127 systems deliver the speed and black-and-white image quality typically found in more expensive high-end equipment. Print providers and end users can work with Xerox Global Services’ Document Advisors to create trans-promo materials or redesign existing documents to incorporate the most targeted, relevant messaging. This customization results in increased response rates and return on investment.
* Direct mail. Xerox is showcasing a range of full-color, highlight-color and black-and-white printing systems for quickly producing relevant, personalized direct-mail pieces and highly effective cross-media communications programs that feature creative mailers, personalized URLs and Web sites. The new Xerox 8200 Series Color Wide Format Solution, on display in the booth as a technology demonstration, enables production of full-color posters for high-impact mailings.
* Photo books. Professional photographers and consumers who produce photo books are creating an opportunity for digital print providers to tap into a new, fast-growing and lucrative printing market. Last week, Xerox announced an Automated Color Quality suite that streamlines color quality checks and calibration processes for delivering consistent and accurate output on the Xerox iGen3™ 90 and 110 Digital Production Presses. This ensures that the iGen3 press can quickly produce full-color, professional photo books with leadership image quality.
* Digital/offset integration. Commercial printers are increasingly complementing their existing offset business with digital print services. Xerox’s recently announced FreeFlow Printer Server is available on the iGen3 press to deliver consistent color management across multiple offset and digital print environments for better control and repeatability. New FreeFlow Print Manager 6.0 software serves as a single point of control for managing both digital and offset jobs through the JDF standard, and features an improved user interface and “touchless” print workflow to minimize operator involvement.
* Digital business resources. The new Xerox ProfitQuick™ Investment Planner helps print providers increase productivity and achieve cost and efficiency savings. It allows Xerox experts to analyze a print provider’s entire workflow to predict how digital technology will affect their bottom line. For commercial printers that are new to the digital printing business, Xerox’s Digital Print Shop in a Box is an easy-to-use, interactive CD and Web-based collection that provides step-by-step guides, business resources, application software and associated services to get them up and running quickly. These two new tools are the latest additions to Xerox’s ProfitAccelerator™ Digital Business Resources collection.
* Business development services. Maximizing the capabilities of digital technology can be an ongoing challenge. Xerox eased the challenge with the announcement of its The New Business of Printing™ - Business Development Services. This new suite of consulting services - delivered by a dedicated team of Xerox business development consultants and industry experts - provides training and professional service offerings for print providers’ digital print businesses, to boost page volume and revenue. These services are immediately available in North America.
Under the theme of “Feel the Beat of Digital,” the Xerox booth (No. 1219) will feature the new products and eight digital application zones that show how the company’s digital technology and services address hot opportunities. Attendees can meet Xerox experts in “conversation stations” to learn how to develop new revenue-generating digital print programs and marketing techniques that drive demand. Attendees are encouraged to bring “live” jobs to the booth to discuss ways that Xerox can help to improve them.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.