Epson and GMG Strengthen Alliance in Proofing Market with the Launch of New Large Format Printer Series and Industry-Leading Proofing Solution
TOKYO, Japan and TUEBINGEN, Germany.-Seiko Epson Corporation (“Epson”) has been working with GMG to create a means for printing various levels of proofs with accurate, consistent, and wide gamut color. The result is the new GMG ColorProof 4.5. This feature dramatically extends color gamut as well as accuracy and consistency by taking full advantage of Epson’s newly developed UltraChrome K3 ink with Vivid Magenta technology.
Epson Stylus Pro printers have long been supported by GMG ColorProof. Now the new GMG ColorProof 4.5 brings this support to the highest level with the following features:
* First time calibrated spot colors in GMG ColorProof. If the user decides to save a spot color as a calibrated set, it will reproduce very closely on any calibrated printer of the same printer family.
* Sharpening for proofing profiles, with a number of options including unsharp masking for amount, radius, and threshold.
* Missing dot simulation of gravure printing processes. Press profile parameters of frequency, intensity (size), and start and end of dot percent can be edited.
* Support for new printers, Vivid Magenta ink Epson printers (SP 4880-7880-9880), updated four-color Epson printers with matte black (4450-7450-9450), and the new 64" Epson large format printer (SP 11880).
* Support of new HKS and Pantone Goe spot color sets with new spot color databases for Epson printers.
Epson Stylus Pro printers are known for their ability to provide outstanding print quality that satisfies real professional’s needs. Demanding users in the proofing community, as well as those in industries such as photography, fine art, and print production, have come to expect the superior quality that Stylus Pro printers provide. The GMG ColorProof 4.5 supports the Epson Stylus Pro 4880, 7880, 9880, and 11880 printers, which use the new Epson UltraChrome K3 ink with Vivid Magenta technology for excellent image quality and color gamut, along with Epson’s original Micro Piezo print heads.
“This partnership between Epson and GMG has allowed us to combine our newly developed Epson Stylus Pro printers with GMG ColorProof software in order to address the diversifying needs of proofing users in the best possible way,” comments Hiroshi Sotokawa, General Manager of Epson’s Inkjet Printer & Photo Product Design Department. “I’m confident that this new combination of technologies will set a new standard for proofing.”
“GMG is proud about the productive and successful relationship with Epson to the benefit of the graphic arts industry,” comments Jawdatt Mawassii, VP Strategy and Business Development of GMG. “ The new printer with the new Vivid Magenta technology will be supported in our new version released at GraphExpo and the certification for all kind of standard are available for the proofing customers.”
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.