Kodak and Hyatt Encourage Vacationing Family Photographers to “Share While You’re There” with World’s First Wi-Fi Consumer Digital Camera
Kodak’s Groundbreaking EASYSHARE-ONE Camera and Best-Selling Printer Dock Plus Allow Guests to Wirelessly E-Mail, Upload, Share and Print at Select Hyatt Hotels and Resorts
ROCHESTER, N.Y. & CHIGAGO, IL, Oct. 13 -- Eastman Kodak Company and Hyatt Hotels Corporation today announced “Share While You’re There” – a program that provides vacationing families the opportunity to try the first-ever consumer Wi-Fi-enabled EASYSHARE-ONE camera at select U.S. Hyatt properties.
The KODAK EASYSHARE-ONE Zoom Digital Camera is equipped with e-mail and online picture sharing, so when using the resort’s T-Mobile hotspot, Hyatt guests can effortlessly share their instant memories with personal messages via e-mail and upload them to the EASYSHARE Gallery – all without a computer. An alternative to postcards that usually arrive days after the vacation is over, the EASYSHARE-ONE camera provides a real-time, personal message that says “I miss you,” or “look what your missing” without the wait – any time travelers find themselves in a T-Mobile HotSpot.
“Share While You’re There” debuts at thirteen Hyatt properties in early November and continues through the end of the year to coincide with the holiday travel season. Hyatt Regency Club guests – those staying on VIP floors offering premium club services with a concierge at select Hyatt hotels and resorts – may check out an EASYSHARE-ONE camera for 48 hours on a first-come, first-served basis. A designated Hyatt associate will be on site to assist with camera use and offer insights on nearby sightseeing destinations for optimal picture taking.
T-Mobile hotspot service is available in more than 6,000 public access locations, including Hyatt Hotels & Resorts. Through the “Share While You’re There” program, guests will receive a list of other nearby T-Mobile HotSpots, as well as a list of ideal picture-taking locations in the area. Each Hyatt Regency Club will also house a KODAK EASYSHARE Printer Dock Plus Series 3 – equipped with automated KODAK PERFECT TOUCH Technology – so guests can print real KODAK pictures wirelessly.
“Share While You’re There” is an exciting addition to the menu of family-oriented offerings at Hyatt”, explains Amy Weyman, vice president of marketing for Hyatt Hotels Corporation. “By partnering with Kodak, we are able to provide our guests the opportunity to try the latest technology in digital photography, and also help them capture and share the memories that they create in and around our hotels and resorts.”
“Taking pictures and sharing memories is an integral part of vacationing. Kodak is thrilled to bring the revolutionary EASYSHARE-ONE camera and highly successful Printer Dock Plus Series 3 to Hyatt guests around the country,” said Phil Scott, general manager, Digital Capture, Americas Region, Digital and Film Imaging Systems, Eastman Kodak Company. “Using these two new products, guests will have an opportunity to experience the power and ease of sharing, taking, organizing and printing their vacation pictures – all while staying at a Hyatt resort.”
“Share While You’re There” Destinations
Participating Hyatt resorts include:
* Denver, CO: Grand Hyatt Denver
* San Antonio, TX: Hyatt Regency Hill Country Resort & Spa
* Huntington Beach, CA: Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach Resort & Spa
* Seattle, WA: Grand Hyatt Seattle
* Minneapolis, MN: Hyatt Regency Minneapolis
* Atlanta, GA: Hyatt Regency Atlanta
* Austin, TX: Hyatt Regency Austin
* Cambridge, MD: Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Golf Resort, Spa and Marina
* Indian Wells, CA: Hyatt Grand Champions Resort & Spa
* Orlando, FL: Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress Resort
* Scottsdale, AZ: Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort at Gainey Ranch
* Bonita Springs, FL: Hyatt Regency Coconut Point Resort & Spa
* Lahaina, HI: Hyatt Regency Maui Resort & Spa.
KODAK EASYSHARE-ONE Camera and KODAK EASYSHARE Printer Dock Plus Series 3
Kodak designed the EASYSHARE-ONE model (US$599 MSRP, including the KODAK WI-FI® Card) specifically for sharing, moving the camera experience from “point-and-shoot” to “point-and-share.” It incorporates multiple benefits that avid picture sharers could only dream of until now, including:
* E-mail and online picture sharing without a computer, using a direct, wireless connection to the KODAK EASYSHARE Gallery service. By connecting to the Gallery through a compatible home or public network*, people can upload pictures and videos for near instantaneous electronic sharing with friends around the world.
* On-the-spot sharing of up to 1,500 favorite pictures, synchronized with a person’s PC-based picture collection, thanks to a huge, 3-inch, high resolution, rotating LCD touch screen that’s protected when not in use, plus a generous 256 megabytes of internal memory†. In addition, when connected wirelessly to the KODAK EASYSHARE Gallery, EASYSHARE-ONE camera owners can also view thousands more of their pictures stored online, including albums shared by their friends and family.
* Significantly enhanced ease-of-use for picture sharing and taking, including the ability to create on-camera albums in which to store pictures, intuitive menu options with touch screen selection, automatic organization of pictures by date taken, and even richer, graphical scene modes to help get the best possible picture in a variety of outdoor and indoor environments. The dynamic user interface was developed in MACROMEDIA FLASH, a first for digital cameras.
* Wireless picture printing with KODAK PERFECT TOUCH Technology when used with the new KODAK EASYSHARE snapshot printers (optional KODAK WI-FI card required for the printer).
o The KODAK EASYSHARE Printer Dock Plus Series 3 is the fastest, simplest way to get real KODAK pictures at home – with or without a computer. Just place the camera on the dock, press the print button and pick up a picture in about 60 seconds.
* Pictures with high-quality color and sharpness, with the use of a renowned SCHNEIDER-KREUZNACH C-VARIOGON 3X optical zoom lens (36 – 108 mm equivalent), a 4-megapixel sensor, and the exclusive KODAK Color Science image processing chip.
* Smooth, vibrant video taking and sharing, with its built-in high frame-rate motion and sound recording, plus the ability to share those videos via the KODAK EASYSHARE Gallery.
The innovative KODAK EASYSHARE digital photography system — consisting of cameras, viewers, software, docks, home snapshot printers, services, papers and accessories — makes taking, organizing, sharing, and printing high quality digital pictures effortless. More information on KODAK EASYSHARE products is available at www.kodak.com/go/EasyShare.
About Eastman Kodak Company
Kodak is the leader in helping people take, share, print and view images – for memories, for information, for business, and for entertainment. With sales of $13.5 billion in 2004, the company is committed to a digitally oriented growth strategy focused on four businesses: Digital & Film Imaging Systems – providing consumers, professionals and cinematographers with digital and traditional products and services; Health – supplying the medical and dental professions with traditional and digital imaging and information systems, IT solutions and services; Graphic Communications – providing customers with a range of solutions for prepress, traditional and digital printing, and document scanning and multi-vendor IT services; and Display & Components – supplying original equipment manufacturers with imaging sensors as well as intellectual property and materials for the organic light-emitting diode (OLED) and LCD display industries. More information about Kodak (NYSE: EK) is available at www.kodak.com.
There are 212 hotels and resorts (over 90,000 rooms) in 44 countries around the world, operating under the Hyatt, Hyatt Regency, Grand Hyatt and Park Hyatt brands. Currently, there are an additional 34 Hyatt hotels and resorts under development, including 12 new hotels in China. Hyatt Corporation (domestic U.S., Canada and Caribbean hotels) and Hyatt International Corporation (international properties) are subsidiaries of Chicago-based Global Hyatt Corporation. Global Hyatt Corporation is also the owner of Hyatt Vacation Ownership, Inc. (timeshare), Hyatt Equities, L.L.C. (hotel ownership), and U.S. Franchise Systems, Inc. (which franchises Hawthorn Suites, Microtel and America’s Best Inns).
In January 2005, Global Hyatt Corporation also added an additional 143 U.S. properties to its growing portfolio with the acquisition of the upscale, limited service AmeriSuites hotel chain. These properties will be repositioned and renamed under a new Hyatt brand by early 2006.
From the U.S. and Canada, reservations for any Hyatt hotel worldwide may be obtained by calling 1-800-233-1234 or logging onto www.hyatt.com.
*The KODAK EASYSHARE-ONE camera is compatible with most in-home and public Wi-Fi networks that support 802.11b technology not requiring authentication, with the option to enable 64- and 128-bit WEP security. 802.1x support and WPA security are planned for a future firmware release.
† Up to 1500 images, marked as Favorites, optimized for viewing on the camera. 256 MB internal memory/185 MB available for picture storage (1 MB equals one million bytes).
Kodak, EasyShare, EasyShare-one and Perfect Touch are trademarks of Eastman Kodak Company. Schneider-Kreuznach, and Variogon are trademarks of Jos. Schneider Optische Werke GmbH used under license by Eastman Kodak Company. Wi-Fi is a registered trademark of the Wi-Fi Alliance.
- Contact Information
- Erin Foster
- Media Contact
- Eastman Kodak Company
- Contact via E-mail
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.