Citi and AT&T Introduce Two New Innovative No-Annual-Fee Credit Cards Featuring Savings on AT&T Products and Services
New York, New York.-Citi, the world’s largest provider of credit cards, and AT&T Inc (NYSE:T) today extended their relationship to launch two new no-annual-fee AT&T Universal cards that offer considerable ongoing savings on purchases of AT&T products and services, as well as calling benefits and complimentary mobile phone insurance.
The new AT&T Universal Savings Platinum Card and the AT&T Universal Savings and Rewards Card are the only credit cards available to customers that offer such savings on AT&T purchases. In addition to several other benefits available to AT&T Universal Card members, AT&T Universal Savings and Rewards Card members also earn and redeem points through Citi’s ThankYou® Rewards Network, a free rewards program featuring a variety of merchandise, travel and gift cards at leading retailers and restaurants.
“These new AT&T Universal cards strengthen the long-standing, successful relationship between Citi and AT&T and further demonstrate our commitment not only to delivering innovative credit card options with great telecommunications benefits but also to developing mobile solutions for our customers,” said Raja Rajamannar, executive vice president, Citi Cards. “With many credit card choices available today, consumers are looking for value when selecting the right credit card for them. Now, when cardmembers use their AT&T Universal cards to purchase AT&T products and services, they’re getting additional value that they cannot get anywhere else.”
With the new AT&T Universal cards, cardmembers will receive a 10 percent savings for the first 12 months and a 5 percent savings thereafter on every dollar spent on eligible AT&T products and services equal to the amount spent on their other purchases. The savings will appear as a billing statement credit during the billing period the purchases were made. Cardmembers can earn up to $350 in savings each calendar year.
In addition to savings on AT&T products and services, the new AT&T Universal cards offer value and rewards as follows:
* The AT&T Universal Savings Platinum Card combines a low rate with a 12-month 0 percent APR on balance transfers. Calling benefits include two free directory assistance calls each month, up to 30 prepaid phone minutes each month and free mobile phone insurance.
* The AT&T Universal Savings and Rewards Card offers points for non-AT&T purchases through Citi’s ThankYou Rewards Network, a free rewards program featuring a variety of merchandise, travel and gift cards at leading retailers and restaurants. Cardmembers get one ThankYou Point for every dollar spent on non-AT&T products and services up to 50,000 points a year. A 12-month introductory promotion offers a 0 percent APR on balance transfers. Calling benefits include two free directory assistance calls each month, up to 30 prepaid phone minutes each month and free mobile phone insurance.
The new AT&T Universal cards also offer significant customer benefits from Citi, including:
* Easy access to Citi’s free, industry-leading credit education program, Use Credit Wisely, at http://www.usecreditwisely.com.
* Access to free tools, such as customized e-mail alerts, billing date options and automatic payments, to help avoid late payments.
* $0 liability on unauthorized purchases.
* Retail Purchase Protection.
* Fraud Early Warning with 24-hour protection from fraud.
* Citi Identity Theft Solutions.
* Auto Rental Insurance.
* Emergency Travel Assistance.
* Travel Accident Insurance.
* Acceptance at millions of locations around the world.
“We are committed to driving innovative solutions to our AT&T Universal Card customers through our relationship with Citi,” said Scott Frank, president and CEO-AT&T Intellectual Property. “We’re excited about the new cards and look forward to the benefits, convenience and savings that they will offer customers.”
For more information or to apply for the new AT&T Universal cards, call 1-800-66-APPLY or visit http://www.universalcard.com beginning Sept. 12. Further terms and conditions apply.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.