New Edition Of Cecil Medicine Improved To Provide The Best Answers Faster
Elsevier, the world-leading publisher of scientific, technical and medical information products and services, today introduced the latest edition of the Cecil Textbook of Medicine – which has been in continuous publication longer than any other internal medicine textbook, and is considered one of the world’s most trusted medical references. The new edition, now renamed “Cecil Medicine”, is the first of Elsevier’s new Expert Consult titles, all of which include full-text online access with each printed volume. The Premium Edition of this Expert Consult title will also regularly incorporate updates directly into each chapter to reflect new clinical information, plus other bonus features for enhanced clinical reference and review.
“This new edition of Cecil combines the best of the Cecil that physicians and other health care professionals have relied on for more than 75 years – an authoritative, comprehensive, trusted medical reference – with modern, up-to-date and fresh advances in technology,” said Lee Goldman, M.D., Executive Vice President for Health and Biomedical Sciences and Dean of the Faculties of Health Sciences and of Medicine at Columbia University and lead editor of Cecil Medicine. “A wealth of brand-new chapters and comprehensive updates throughout put the latest knowledge and evidence-based practices at clinicians’ fingertips.”
In comparison to other available internal medicine references, Cecil Medicine, 23rd Edition is:
· More evidence based: Each chapter indicates which management recommendations are supported by Grade A clinical evidence, so they can be implemented with total confidence.
· More versatile: Access to the complete contents of this Expert Consult title online, fully searchable, permits rapid consultation from anyplace with an Internet connection.
· More focused: A practical focus zeroes in on today’s most relevant, current, essential knowledge for every condition -- including the most pertinent bibliographical references, with annotations explaining their clinical significance.
· More authoritative: The editorial team consists of some of the most preeminent leaders in medicine today, and noted world authorities have written each and every chapter to ensure accuracy, expertise, and dependability.
· Faster to consult: A new chapter format makes clinically actionable information leap right off the page -- including algorithms to simplify decision making.
In addition to regular updates, the Premium Edition’s online features include downloadable illustrations for use in electronic presentations, step-by-step videos demonstrating key procedures, challenging case studies and more than 1000 review questions and answers to facilitate certification and recertification preparation.
“We have invested a great deal of effort into making this 23rd Edition of Cecil Medicine an even more superior alternative to other internal medicine references than ever before,” states Kim Murphy, Publishing Director for Global Medicine at Elsevier. “Between painstaking improvements in the content and format of each chapter, and all the advantages of the versatile new Expert Consult online platform, we are confident that we have produced a much better and faster source for the clinical information that medical practitioners need every day.”
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.