Group Honorees Named for the American Kennel Club Breeder of the Year Award
“AKC Breeder of the Year” to be Announced at AKC/Eukanuba National Championship -
Today the American Kennel Club® announced the seven group recipients of the 2007 AKC® Breeder of the Year Award. The award honors breeders who have dedicated their lives to improving the health, temperament and quality of purebred dogs.
“It is an honor to present these deserving breeders with the 2007 AKC Breeder of the Year Award,” said Ron Menaker, AKC’s Chairman of the Board. “This award is a testament to each breeder’s dedication to the survival and preservation of their respective breeds and their countless contributions to the sport of purebred dogs.”
A breeder is chosen from each of the seven groups: Sporting, Hound, Working, Terrier, Toy, Non-Sporting, and Herding. The individual group recipients will receive a medallion in recognition of their achievements on Saturday, December 1, 2007 at the AKC/Eukanuba National Championship. At the end of the presentation, the 2007 AKC Breeder of the Year will be announced. Additionally, a canine portraitist will be commissioned to commemorate a prominent dog from the recipient’s kennel, and their name will be inscribed on a perpetual trophy and plaque on permanent display at the AKC headquarters in New York City.
The group winners are:
* SPORTING: Beverley & Adrian Wanjon – Santa Clarita, CA, Russet Leather Vizslas
* HOUND: Stanley D. Petter, Jr. – Lexington, KY, Hewley Greyhounds
* WORKING: Jean & Wayne Boyd – Brookeville, MD, Rivergroves Great Pyrenees
* TERRIER: Barbara Miller – Glen Head, NY, Max-Well Norfolk Terriers
* TOY: Glynette Cass – Davie, FL, Wesglyn Maltese
* NON-SPORTING: Mikki Demers – Conroe, TX, Kimik Tibetan Terriers
* HERDING: Anne Bowes – Duxbury, MA, Heronsway Pembroke Welsh Corgis
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.