The Quest for Best Breasts: Harley Medical’s Boom in Breast Augmentations
Breast Augmentation is top of the ops for the 20th year running and the fastest growing sector of cosmetic surgery says The Harley Medical Group, leaders in the sector and now in their 25th anniversary year, who have seen a positive increase on last year’s enquiries. Industry estimates put the amount British women spent on breast surgery, which costs around £4,000, at an incredible £100 million last year – a figure set to skyrocket this coming year.
The latest data from The Harley Medical Group:
* Typically, 10 years ago, 48% of Breast Augmentation patients went up three cup sizes whereas over the last 12 months the most popular size increase was 2 cup sizes. Breast Augmentation remains the most popular of all cosmetic surgery procedures – according to The Harley Medical Group – it accounted for 30% of all procedures undertaken by The Harley Medical Group in the last 12 months.
* British attitudes have changed dramatically from 10 years ago, women are now happy to flaunt their breast surgery – just as they might a new designer hand bag.
* Over 65% of Breast Augmentation patients are between 25-35 years old with the balance mostly post breast feeding.
* Demographically, there is a Northern bias – the procedure is more popular in Manchester and Leeds.
* The most popular breast implant at The Harley Medical Group at the moment is the “Round High Profile”, which produces a more rounded appearance to the upper breast, whilst “contoured” breast implants are designed to reflect the slope of the breast but are not as effective for those who are also hoping to improve their cleavage.
* At The Harley Medical Group, the most popular implant has always been the Silicone implant, as it gives a more natural shape and feel.
A Breast Augmentation operation is normally performed under a General Anesthetic and takes approximately 1 hour. An incision, approximately 5cms long, may be hidden in the crease of the underside of the breast, the armpit or lower edge of the areola. However most commonly this will be in the crease of the breast; the Surgeon will always advise the patient on the most appropriate area for them.
Once the incision is made, the Surgeon creates a pocket for the implant to lie in. This may be either beneath or above the breast and the size and shape will determine the outcome of the position of the implant. Stitches (which are often dissolvable) will be covered with a dressing and a sports bra. Patients with stitches have them removed at around seven days after the operation and are advised to continue to wear their sports bra 24 hours a day for up to three months. After the operation, the breasts at first tend to be firm and swollen and take a few weeks to settle to adapt to a more natural position and feel.
- Ends –
About The Harley Medical Group
The Harley Medical Group is now in its 25th anniversary year and has always been one of the most highly-regarded Cosmetic Surgery Groups in the UK and Ireland. In 2004, The Harley Medical Group’s Chairman Mel Braham, at the request of the Department of Health became a member of the department’s Steering Committee, set up to oversee the introduction of new regulations covering the entire Cosmetic Surgery sector. All of The Harley Medical Group’s clinics are registered with the Healthcare Commission and there are now 17 clinics (rising to 20 by this time next year) in the UK and Ireland: London (Harley Street, Wimbledon, The City & Watford) Marlow, Birmingham, Leeds, Brighton, Bristol, Manchester, Newcastle, Chester and Dublin.
The Harley Medical Group is renowned for introducing and pioneering most new surgical and non surgical techniques to the UK and Irish markets, such as Aesthera PPx, Laser Hair Removal, Cool Touch Laser, Silk Touch Laser, Collagen for lines and wrinkles, Laser for snoring, Tumescent Liposuction, LPG cellulite treatment etc.
For further The Harley Medical Group press information, case study or spokesperson interviews, contact:
Lucy Raitt or Michelle Lowery
Rain Communications UK
Harley Medical Group
11 Queen Anne St
- Contact Information
- Lucy Raitt or Michelle Lowery
- PR Contact
- Harley Medical Group
- Contact via E-mail
This news content may be integrated into any legitimate news gathering and publishing effort. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.